[MOAB-dev] naming conventions?

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 14 09:04:20 CST 2011

Hello,
I would like to commit a new tool to moab, one for mesh-based geometry.
What should be a good name?
Right now, the tool is called mbfacet, but this name could be confused with faceting in CGM. It is, in a way, an inverse process, mesh populated with right sets and tags is interpreted as geometry (linear or smooth). The main class is called FBEngine (Facet Based Engine), which will implement a lot of iGeom-like methods.

I was thinking also mbgeom (for mesh based geometry), but mb usually stands for moab :(

Does anybody have better suggestions?

Thanks,
Iulian