[MOAB-dev] Order of elements in loaded meshes

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 9 19:40:30 CST 2011

I believe that in most cases, MOAB will append handles on the end of the handle space within each type, though we'll
want to confirm with Jason next week.  That's one reason why I asked Steve whether one of the sides of the comparison
was mesh generation.  If in parallel, it'll depend on what's generating the decomposition.  Multiple files, the order
will be preserved within files.

On 02/09/2011 07:33 PM, Iulian Grindeanu wrote:
> Hello,
> I still have a question: What about if the mesh is read in parallel?
>
> Also, for example mbconvert accepts multiple input files. The order within each input file is preserved, isn't it?
>
> Another question:
> Assume some mesh is already in memory. A load_mesh() command will look for empty sequences for node handles, element handles. The order of element handles will be preserved, I assume (it is the job of the ReadUtilIface class)

I'll have to look this up on what actually is done.

- tim