[MOAB-dev] r4368 - in MOAB/trunk: . config src/io src/parallel test/parallel

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 14 10:02:17 CST 2010

On 12/14/2010 09:22 AM, tautges at mcs.anl.gov wrote:
> Author: tautges
> Date: 2010-12-14 09:22:03 -0600 (Tue, 14 Dec 2010)
> New Revision: 4368
>
> Modified:
>    MOAB/trunk/config/ccmio.m4
>    MOAB/trunk/config/compiler.m4
>    MOAB/trunk/config/netcdf.m4
>    MOAB/trunk/configure.ac
>    MOAB/trunk/src/io/Makefile.am
>    MOAB/trunk/src/io/ReadNC.cpp
>    MOAB/trunk/src/io/ReadNC.hpp
>    MOAB/trunk/src/parallel/ReadParallel.cpp
>    MOAB/trunk/test/parallel/Makefile.am
> Log:
> ReadParallel.cpp: automatically create the partition tag if none is input
> ReadNC: enable support for pnetcdf and parallel reading
> configure.ac, config/netcdf.m4: change default to not look for netcdf unless requested with --with-netcdf; also
>   enable looking for pnetcdf

Is there some downside to checking for both netcdf and pnetcdf?  I see no
downside to including support for NetCDF-based file formats in MOAB.  So it
would seem to me that the best choice is to enable whatever we can (at least
with regards to file formats) given whichever libraries we can discover on
the system.