[MOAB-dev] Building with zoltan

Neil N. Carlson nnc at lanl.gov
Tue Nov 16 11:06:28 CST 2010

I'm having trouble getting a parallel build of MOAB that includes
working mbpart/mbzoltan tools.  First off, does it matter where
the zoltan lib comes from?  I'm using the one that was built as
part of Trilinos 10.6, but there is also a 3.2 and 3.3 version
available independently from software.sandia.gov.  A colleague
said he used a zoltan out of the SEACAS tools from sourceforge.net.
Which one should I be using?  Second, what is the story with
parmetis (included in the zoltan distribution tarballs).  Is this
required?  My attempts so far have not included building this
library.

-Neil

PS: Here's the output from running mbpart.  It appears to work
fine until the end when it tries to write the file.

% mbpart 2 1x1x4.g 1x1x4.h5m

Recursive Coordinate Bisection
Partitioning total time: 0.00773811 (secs)
Partitioning Statistics:
[ lots of stuff omitted ]
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.5-patch1) MPI-process 0:
  #000: /opt/src/hdf5/hdf5-1.8.5-patch1/src/H5F.c line 1390 in H5Fcreate(): invalid file name
    major: Invalid arguments to routine
    minor: Bad value
1x1x4.h5m : failed to write file.
  Error code: MB_FAILURE (15)