[MOAB-dev] Changing the options format in iMesh

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 15 12:35:06 CST 2010

On 11/15/2010 12:30 PM, Tim Tautges wrote:

> On 11/15/2010 12:18 PM, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
>> On 11/15/2010 12:13 PM, James Porter wrote:
>>> In order to be compatible with the iMesh spec, we need to change the
>>> options format. Currently, it seems that MOAB uses the old iMesh-defined
>>> options syntax. Should we continue to support this syntax, or should
>>> MOAB use the new iMesh syntax? (Or maybe MOAB should have its own
>>> syntax?)
>>>

>> MOAB already has its own syntax and I don't see any advantage to
>> changing it.
>>

>>> For reference, the new way is "impl1:opt1 impl2:opt2", e.g. "moab:silent
>>> moab:foobar". If MOAB got its own syntax instead of just doing this, I'd
>>> expect the options to look like "silent foobar" by the time it got to
>>> MOAB.
>>
>> That should actually be "; silent foobar" when passed to MOAB.
>
> Wait, I thought with MOAB the starting delimiter was optional... and if
> they're two separate options, I'd expect "silent;foobar", no?

No.  In MOAB starting with a delimiter means that you wish to specify a
different delimiter (as the second character).  For MOAB all of the
following are equivalent:
  "; silent foobar"
  "silent;foobar"
  ";asilentafoobar"
and we could easily support the old ITAPS syntax by prefixing everything
with a ';' before passing it into MOAB.