[MOAB-dev] Changing adjacency behavior

James Porter jvporter at wisc.edu
Thu Oct 21 17:37:54 CDT 2010

Last month, the ITAPS list discussed[1] how adjacency should work,
specifically whether an entity is adjacent to itself. Everyone seemed to
agree that an entity is not adjacent to itself and that a call to
iMesh_getEntAdj where the source dimension is the same as the target
dimension should return an empty list.

Currently, MOAB returns an error for vertex-vertex adjacency, and the
entity itself for higher dimensions. I have a patch to change the
behavior to the expected ITAPS way, but I wanted to make sure no one
needed the old way before I got rid of it. If someone does have a use
for this, let me know and I'll make it optional.

- Jim

[1]
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/tstt-interface/2010-September/000250.html