iMesh telecon: closure and adjacency

Carl Ollivier-Gooch cfog at mech.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 7 14:18:39 CDT 2010

One issue that was raised (more or less as an aside while talking about
iMesh compliance) is whether an entity should be considered adjacent to
itself.  The spec currently says that it is not, for first adjacencies.
  Also, the spec says that a second adjacency call should not return the
originating entity, even if it otherwise would.

Here's a link for a doodle poll on possible times for discussion of this
point.

http://www.doodle.com/grz22wai95muq85d

Given how short our time is before the IMR tutorial (and given that we
presumably would all like to have implementations be compliant at that
time), I personally think it's a good idea for us to converge on the
current spec pending a possible change.  Others may disagree.

Carl

Dr. Carl Ollivier-Gooch, P.Eng.                   Voice: +1-604-822-1854
Professor                                           Fax: +1-604-822-2403
Department of Mechanical Engineering             email: cfog at mech.ubc.ca
University of British Columbia              http://www.mech.ubc.ca/~cfog
Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z4                  http://tetra.mech.ubc.ca/ANSLab/