[MOAB-dev] NAME_TAG_SIZE value?

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:20:00 CDT 2010

On 09/27/2010 04:09 PM, Tim Tautges wrote:
> Ok, go ahead and set it to 64.  But, also run the code through valgrind
> to make sure it isn't something else, it can be dangerous doing string
> reads/writes (buffer overflows, etc.).

This may have some unpleasant side effects.  If the tag is created by a file
read, then you'll have a situation where the constant is 64 but the actual
tag size is 32.  If the tag is created by MOAB first, then attempts to read
files also containing the tag will fail because of the size mismatch.

- jason

--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Ralph Waldo Emerson