[MOAB-dev] r4016 - MOAB/trunk/tools/dagmc

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 24 13:15:32 CDT 2010

But what about the apps that use the library?  The library wouldn't have that as a dependency, but the apps might.

Jason suggests that those definitions go into a header.  This seems like a more orthodox approach, but if we take it, we
should be consistent.  So, does that mean we should put all the definitions (currently input using CGM_DEFINES in
cgm.make) into a CGMDefines.hpp or something?

- tim

On 06/24/2010 01:07 PM, Steve Jackson wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:06 , Tim Tautges wrote:
>> What Jason/others suggest will work, i.e. getting rid of the #ifdef and just using a forward declaration of RefFace*; my question is, how is that used inside dagmc, i.e. is there a function that passes a RefFace* through the interface?
>
> No CGM objects ever leave the DagMC interface or are made available to clients.  The only reason they are referenced in the header is because a vector storing RefEntity*s is a DagMC member variable.  This solution (getting rid of the header's #ifdefs) is what is done by r4016.
>
>> As an aside, I'd assert that the application's files depending on dagmc should probably depend on moab.make as well as on DagMC.hpp; that way any changes to the configuration will cause a recompile.  Comments?
>
> That would be an unusual thing for a library to require, especially one that already uses autoconf.
> ~S

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.