[MOAB-dev] r4016 - MOAB/trunk/tools/dagmc

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 24 13:07:56 CDT 2010

On Jun 24, 2010, at 12:06 , Tim Tautges wrote:
> What Jason/others suggest will work, i.e. getting rid of the #ifdef and just using a forward declaration of RefFace*; my question is, how is that used inside dagmc, i.e. is there a function that passes a RefFace* through the interface?

No CGM objects ever leave the DagMC interface or are made available to clients.  The only reason they are referenced in the header is because a vector storing RefEntity*s is a DagMC member variable.  This solution (getting rid of the header's #ifdefs) is what is done by r4016.

> As an aside, I'd assert that the application's files depending on dagmc should probably depend on moab.make as well as on DagMC.hpp; that way any changes to the configuration will cause a recompile.  Comments?

That would be an unusual thing for a library to require, especially one that already uses autoconf.
~S