[MOAB-dev] canonical face connectivity from 10-nodded tet mesh

Julien Vignollet vignollet at civil.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 08:31:06 CDT 2010

Hi,

Sorry it took me a little bit to get back, I had to install the new version of moab before getting the new update. It is now ok to load a 10-nodded tet mesh from gmsh (the fix on nodes 8 and 9 works) but there still seems to be a problem with the face numbering. As soon as I use the command  get_adjacencies for the faces (see code at the bottom), moab creates invalid entries for the faces in the vtk file. It appears that nodes 4 and 5 of the faces are sometimes swapped: for example in the attached mesh, there are four faces on the top xz surface of the cube, two of them have canonical ordering, the other two have the last two nodes swapped.

Julien

PS: a reminder of the commands I'm using:

MBRange elems, faces;
 const MBEntityHandle* conn;
 int num_nodes;
 double coord_node_face[6*3];

 result = gMB->load_mesh("test_mesh.msh"); EE(gMB);
 result = gMB->get_entities_by_dimension(0, 3, elems);
 gMB->get_adjacencies(elems,2,true,faces,MBInterface::UNION);

 for (MBRange::iterator fit = faces.begin(); fit != faces.end(); fit++) {
     gMB->get_connectivity(*fit,conn,num_nodes);
     gMB->get_coords(conn,num_nodes,coord_node_face);
     if (coord_node_face[1]==0.5) [... call a function using face canonical connectivities...]
     }

result = gMB->write_file("Vtk_file.vtk")