[MOAB-dev] autoreconf problem

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 12 10:36:46 CST 2010

Dmitry Karpeev wrote:
> I have a problem running autoreconf -fi in MOAB/trunk on Argonne's
> fusion machine
> (flogin1 below), but not on cosmea (login01 below).  Both are running
> GNU Autoconf 2.59
> and MOAB/trunk r3599.
> Any idea what may be going wrong?

Something is wrong with the GNU autotools installation on that machine (e.g.
perhaps libtool isn't installed.)  You can work around this by generating
the build environment on some other machine (all the output of autoreconf is
platform-independent).  For example, if you don't need to pull from SVN
frequently on the target machine then:
  1) do "make dist" on some other machine
  2) copy the resulting tarball to the target machine
  3) run the contained configure script on the target machine