[MOAB-dev] make dist and cgm2moab.man

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 24 17:14:33 CST 2010

Moabsters,

I've discovered an oddity in moab's 'make dist' behavior.  I'm describing it in hopes that someone can (A) confirm it is a bug (rather than intended behavior) and (B) either fix it, or give me some guidance as to how it might be fixed.

* 'make dist' can only be run on a moab tree that has been configured.  If a tree's configure line did not include a valid --with-cgm, then the tarball produced by 'make dist' will not contain cgm2moab.man.

* cgm2moab.man is required to install moab when --with-cgm is specified on the configure line.  Therefore, a tarball generated from a moab tree that was not configured with cgm cannot be used to install moab with cgm.

Is this supposed to be the case?  Or should make dist be altered to always include cgm2moab.man, regardless of the configure settings?
~S