[MOAB-dev] iMeshP and parallel imesh

acaceres at mcs.anl.gov acaceres at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 2 09:53:28 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm using iMesh in parallel and trying to see if I can use iMeshP to get information like whether a local vertex is a ghost or not. I haven't quite figured out the interface, but it seems like a lot of the iMeshP calls want an iMeshP_PartitionHandle, so my first attempt was just:

call iMesh_newMesh("PARALLEL",iMesh, err)
call iMesh_load(%val(iMesh), %val(IMESH_NULL), input_filename,
                ";PARALLEL=READ_DELETE;PARTITION=PARALLEL_PARTITION;PARTITION_DISTRIBUTE;", err)
call iMeshP_getNumPartitions(%val(iMesh), numPartitions, err)

(the file I'm reading has a partition defined on it using the "PARALLEL_PARTITION" tag, pre-computed with zoltan). This is with 2 processors. I'm getting numPartitions==0. I'm probably completely misunderstanding how iMeshP is supposed to be used, so can somebody clarify the following:

- am I getting the correct behavior?
- when I load a mesh using the first two calls above, how do I find out if an entity is a ghost or not?

Thanks,
Alvaro