[MOAB-dev] r3431 - MOAB/trunk

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 18 12:20:06 CST 2010

On 01/18/2010 12:00 PM, Tim Tautges wrote:
> Whew, thanks.  There goes my thought of how to implement unit tests.  I
> though other codes did this sort of thing too - what do you do about
> unit tests in msq?

For the strictest definition of a unit test (testing a function or class
independent of all other code) this is probably the correct way to do
it.  For example, Mesquite's "unit" tests cannot be compiled on Windows
if Mesquite is built as a DLL because the DLL does not export all of the
necessary symbols.  However, if the test requires the rest of MOAB then
a stand-alone test executable is probably a better choice.