[MOAB-dev] Re-arranging MOAB source

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 7 16:31:23 CST 2010

Tim Tautges wrote:
> Several questions:
>

> How would naming the source directory moab help with namespacing, other
> than perceptually?  If it's just perceptual, then I think we should
> balance that against the familiarity that src has.

Also, I don't think that 'src' is all that common of a convention either.
In the small sample of non-ITAPS open source projects for which I've looked
at the source code, using the app/lib name seems at least as common as using
src/.  Examples of projects that use the app/lib name as the directory for
the core code: gcc, gdb, valgrind.  Examples that use src/: hdf5, gnuplot,
mpi, vlc.  Examples that use neither: glibc, netcdf, sane, openssh, wine.