[MOAB-dev] Re-arranging MOAB source

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 7 15:35:44 CST 2010

Tim Tautges wrote:
> Several questions:
>
> Where would things like the skinner go (TopoUtil, ElemUtil, etc)?

Any features that are to be usable by other tools should go into moab/.
Other stuff should be in tools/.

> How would naming the source directory moab help with namespacing, other
> than perceptually?  If it's just perceptual, then I think we should
> balance that against the familiarity that src has.

The directory name could serve as a "namespace" for header files.  For example:
  #include "moab/exodus_order.h"

> Instead of separate m4 and cmake subdirs, what about a config subdir
> with m4 and cmake below that?

The selected ones are the defaults for both systems.  I don't know whether
or not it can be changed for cmake.