[MOAB-dev] MOAB build on windows

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 19 15:07:54 CDT 2009

tautges at mcs.anl.gov wrote:
> Forwarding to Moab-dev...
>

> - tim
>
> On Aug 17, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Alfred von Loebbecke
> <vonloebbecke at pa.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>> I've been trying to build MOAB under Visual Studio 2005 under windows XP
>> and was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.
>>
>> Specifically I'm using the /clr:oldsyntax switch, as it says its

I'm not very familiar with Visual Studio.  Why is that switch required?  On
the web page below, Microsoft says that that switch was deprecated for VS 2005:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k8d11d4s(VS.80).aspx

>> needed. I'm also using
>> exception handling /EHa, since /EHs is apparently incompatible with
>> /clr:oldsyntax.

MOAB does not use exception handling, so these flags /should/ be irrelevant.

>> Now suddenly I'm getting a bunch of syntax errors and unexpected
>> tokens. Have you come across this
>> by any chance?

No.  Could you provide a few examples?