[MOAB-dev] Question about getting entities with tag data

Paul Wilson wilsonp at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 17 23:27:57 CDT 2009

Hi there,

I have been digging through the interface and I can't seem to find a
function that will return an MBRange of entities formed by matching a
single tag against a set of tag values.  As far as I can tell,
get_entities_by_type_and_tag will return an MBRange of entities formed
by matching N tags against N corresponding values, but will not match 1
tag against M values.

Is there such a function?  If not, is there a recommended way to resolve
this?  My first attempt was to get each entity one at a time, but that
is extremely slow.  Perhaps better to get the tag data for all possible
entities and then throw out the ones that are not needed?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul P H Wilson                  UW-Madison Engineering Physics

          Contributing to the joy and improvement
                  of all those around me