[MOAB-dev] r3036 - in MOAB/trunk: . tools/iMesh/python

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:53:40 CDT 2009

Jed Brown wrote:

> Unrelated to pytaps, the Fortran compiler is being found incorrectly.
> I'm setting FC=mpif90 F77=mpif77, but autoconf is ignoring these and
> finding gfortran instead.  They happen to be compatible, but you can't
> rely on that, or the fact that I don't use Fortran ;-)

I can't reproduce this.  If I disable the AC_FC_WRAPPERS macro in the
configure script (because that requires a real fortran compiler) and do:
  ../src/configure FC=/bin/true F77=/bin/true
I get:
  C:   cc  -Wall -pipe -O2 -DNDEBUG
  C++: c++  -Wall -pipe -O2 -DNDEBUG
  Fortran: /bin/true  -O2 -DNDEBUG

Anyway, if you configure moab with the --with-mpi option it should be
selecting mpif90 and mpif77 rather than gfortran automatically.