[MOAB-dev] iMesh_getEntSetsByTagsRec fails for recursive

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Fri May 1 09:47:34 CDT 2009

Jed Brown wrote:
> MBErrorCode MBCore::get_entities_by_type_and_tag(const MBEntityHandle meshset,
>                                                    const MBEntityType type,
>                                                    const MBTag *tags,
>                                                    const void* const* values,
>                                                    const int num_tags,
>                                                    MBRange &entities,
>                                                    const int condition,
>                                                    const bool recursive) const
> {
>   if (recursive && type == MBENTITYSET)  // will never return anything
>     return MB_TYPE_OUT_OF_RANGE;
>

> Why can't we get sets recursively?  Is the operation somehow
> ill-defined?

No, it just wasn't implemented (algorithm is slightly different for that
case.)  It is now.

> If so, why that name for the function in iMesh_extensions?

I'm not familiar enough with iMesh_extentions to know what function you are
referring too.  Which means I probably wouldn't know the answer to your
question anyway.

> A related pathological case just occured to me.  Will the recursive
> stuff in MOAB work correctly if set A contains set B and B contains A?

Yes, the implementation will correctly handle that scenario.