[MOAB-dev] iMesh_getEntSetsByTagsRec fails for recursive

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Apr 30 18:21:22 CDT 2009

MBErrorCode MBCore::get_entities_by_type_and_tag(const MBEntityHandle meshset,
                                                   const MBEntityType type,
                                                   const MBTag *tags,
                                                   const void* const* values,
                                                   const int num_tags,
                                                   MBRange &entities,
                                                   const int condition,
                                                   const bool recursive) const
{
  if (recursive && type == MBENTITYSET)  // will never return anything
    return MB_TYPE_OUT_OF_RANGE;

Why can't we get sets recursively?  Is the operation somehow
ill-defined?  If so, why that name for the function in iMesh_extensions?

A related pathological case just occured to me.  Will the recursive
stuff in MOAB work correctly if set A contains set B and B contains A?

Jed