[MOAB-dev] Creation of parallel tags

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 2 09:19:56 CST 2009

Jed Brown wrote:
> I had a look through iMeshP_unit_tests.cpp and got it compiling again.
> There seems to be enough usage there for me to just use iMeshP.
> Attached are some patches I have floating, including the latest which
> updates iMeshP_unit_tests.cpp for iMesh-0.8.
>
> Jed

A few comments about your patches.

mhdf.h:

The change from C++ to C-style comments shouldn't be necessary within the
'#ifdef __cplusplus' blocks.  But it obviously doesn't hurt anything either.
 Are there some compiler warnings or some such thing that motivated this change?

iMesh_MOAB.cpp:

The change to the allowable length of the returned string isn't quite the
right way to fix that bug.  The ITAPS interfaces to not guarantee
null-terminated strings.  It is the "descr[len] = '\0';" statement that is
incorrect and should be removed.

Why to you change the default storage order?

convert.cpp:

Thanks.  I thought I had added an MPI_Init call to that utility already, but
apparently I only *thought* that I did.

iMesh_unit_tests.cpp:

Everything looks good.  Thanks.