[MOAB-dev] [patch] Remove entity sets from counts for iMesh_getNumOfType/Topo

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Oct 7 06:43:33 CDT 2008

On Mon 2008-10-06 16:17, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
> 0001-Closed-a-memory-leak-in-ReadParallel-due-to-unresolv.patch
>  - Not applied: It is typical for an application to keep its MBParallelComm
>     instance for the life of the application, even if that instance is
>     created from default values when the file is read in.  So a) this change
>     breaks existing code that expects to be able to query the MBParallelComm
>     instance used during file import and b) is not that serious of an issue
>     because the instances are usually kept anyway.  This will be fixed
>     eventually, but a correct fix is much more complicated.

Thanks for the explanation.  I made this naive change because valgrind
was warning about this while I was debugging some of my own code.  I
suppose you want to eventually either have reference counting in
MBParallelComm or use a shared pointer?

> 0002-Make-the-ITAPS-opaque-handles-use-incomplete-types-i.patch
>  - Not applied (yet): awaiting approval of ITAPS work group for API change.

Cool.

> 0003-Required-for-automake-1.10.patch
>  - Applied.  Which version of autoconf broke with spaces around the AC_SUBST
>    argument?

I have autoconf-2.63, it seems to think the space was part of the identifier.

> 0005-iMesh_MOAB.cpp-Remove-entity-sets-from-counts-for-i.patch
>   - Not applied:  fixes bug for "recursive == false", but introduces
>      new bug for "recursive == true".  Thanks for finding this.  I'll
>      check in (what I think is) the correct fix.

Doh, I should have seen that.  Thanks for fixing this.

Jed