[MOAB-dev] [patch] Remove entity sets from counts for iMesh_getNumOfType/Topo

Jason Kraftcheck kraftche at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:17:11 CDT 2008

Jed Brown wrote:
> The last of the attached patches resolves this issue.  The other patches
> are floating locally.  They are all very minor except the one which
> fixes types in many places in the iMesh interface.
>
> Jed

0001-Closed-a-memory-leak-in-ReadParallel-due-to-unresolv.patch
 - Not applied: It is typical for an application to keep its MBParallelComm
    instance for the life of the application, even if that instance is
    created from default values when the file is read in.  So a) this change
    breaks existing code that expects to be able to query the MBParallelComm
    instance used during file import and b) is not that serious of an issue
    because the instances are usually kept anyway.  This will be fixed
    eventually, but a correct fix is much more complicated.

0002-Make-the-ITAPS-opaque-handles-use-incomplete-types-i.patch
 - Not applied (yet): awaiting approval of ITAPS work group for API change.

0003-Required-for-automake-1.10.patch
 - Applied.  Which version of autoconf broke with spaces around the AC_SUBST
   argument?

0004-Resolve-ownership-of-MBParallelComm-in-MBZoltan-fix.patch
  - Not applied:  See above.

0005-iMesh_MOAB.cpp-Remove-entity-sets-from-counts-for-i.patch
  - Not applied:  fixes bug for "recursive == false", but introduces
     new bug for "recursive == true".  Thanks for finding this.  I'll
     check in (what I think is) the correct fix.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Ralph Waldo Emerson