[MOAB-dev] problem with configure.in

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 22 09:32:19 CDT 2008

Ok, that must be it.  I'll ask my configure person, Jason, about it when
he returns from vacation.

Note that if you have a system with the older version of autoconf, you
can do a 'make dist' there, which will generate a tarball (with
configure script), which should work on the target system.

- tim

Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
> Hummm, the problem still persists.
>
> I removed the entire MOAB directory and did 'svn checkout' from the
> repository.
> Now in the brand new MOAB directory, autoreconf -fi gave the same error
> as reported before.
>
> I think we really need to fix configure.in for autotool of the version
> 2.62 or later since I didn't see such issue with the previous version of
> autotool.
>
> Unless configure.in gets fixed, we won't be able to do 'configure' to
> prepare for build process, at least, for the system equipped with
> autotool 2.62.
>
> Thank you,
> ryuta
>
> Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently, I clean up MOAB source directory by removing every files and
>> then re-retrieved fresh from svn repository. I followed the
>> instruction to prepare build procedure but I got the following error:
>>
>> autoreconf -fi
>>
>> configure.in:61: error: AC_SUBST: `MOAB_CXX_LDFLAGS ' is not a valid
>> shell variable name
>> configure.in:61: the top level
>> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
>> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
>> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
>>
>> My autoconf version is 2.62
>> New autoconf may be more stringent...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ryuta

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.