[MOAB-announce] mbcn_test fail while doing "make check"

Tiantian Xu tiantianxu.88 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:58:07 CDT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to build moab but met with the "mbcn_test fail" during make
check.
The commands I used to build the library were:

./configure LFLAGS=-static --with-mpi=/home/tiantian/ITL/mpich2-1.4.1p1/gcc
--with-hdf5=/home/tiantian/hdf5
--with-netcdf=/home/tiantian/ITL/netcdf-4.1.3/gcc
--with-zlib=/home/tiantian/ITL/zlib-1.2.5/gcc
--with-szip=/home/tiantian/ITL/szip-2.1/gcc --prefix=/home/tiantian/ITL/moab
2>&1 | tee configure.log
make 2>&1 | make.log
make check 2>&1 | tee make.check.log

Looks like the mbcn_test is about query on entities, I don't know why this
went wrong. Later I ignored the make check errors and did "make install". I
tried to perform parallel read/write and found mbconvert went wrong too:

$mpiexec -np 2 ./mbconvert -O PARALLEL=READ_PART -O PARTITION=MATERIAL_SET
-O PARALLEL_RESOLVE_SHARED_ENTS -O PARALLEL_GHOSTS=3.0.1 -o
PARALLEL=WRITE_PART ./64bricks_512hex.h5m dummy.h5m
Read "./64bricks_512hex.h5m"

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 139
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Segmentation fault (signal 11)

I suspect some fundamental functions in moab were not properly made?
I had attached the log files. Please take a look.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,
Tiantian