[Meshkit-announce] Ask for help about using the MeshKit

Tang Laoya tanglaoya1989 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 18:03:09 CDT 2013

Dear developer,

I am a student in China and I am studying the algorithm of quadrilateral
mesh generation. I was required to develop the software to generate
quadrilateral mesh for any 2-D input domains.

I am very exciting to get to know that you have very powerful open source
mesh generator MeshKit. I am very interesting to the quadrilateral mesh
generate part. From your document, I got to know that the
'JaalQuad<http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/meshkit-docs/html/algorithm_jaalquad.html>‘
algorithm is very suitable to me.

However, I also noticed that it is required to install some dependencies
and I have to build them from Linux system. My question is: If I only use
the quadrilateral mesh generation module, what's the simplest way to build
the tool? Is it possible to port the code to Windows system?

I noticed that you said that 'On windows, try running cmake (though this is
only indirectly supported, meaning it may not be up to date)'
from here:
https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/fathom/wiki/BuildingMeshKit

Could you please tell me how to build it by CMake? I only know that we
should provide CMakeLists.txt to CMake, is there any other method?

Thanks,
Tang Laoya