[hpc-announce] Deadline Extended: SocialMeta 2023 Call for Papers
wdacheng at connect.hku.hk
wdacheng at connect.hku.hk
Fri Mar 3 05:26:40 CST 2023
*** Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message ***
The 2nd International Workshop on Social and Metaverse Computing and Networking (SocialMeta 2023) will be held in Hong Kong on July 18, 2023, in conjunction with IEEE ICDCS 2023: https://socialmeta2023.github.io/ .
SocialMeta 2023 aims to bring together scientists, researchers, engineers, and practitioners to identify new problems and discuss the latest research ideas and results, especially those related to novel and emerging technologies, regarding online social networks and the metaverse. SocialMeta focuses on all aspects of online social networks and the metaverse, including architecture, design, implementation, measurement, modeling, algorithm, analysis, and theory. The topics include but are not limited to the following:
• Mobile and location-based online social networks and the AR/VR-based metaverse
• Reputation, incentives, and economics in online social networks and the metaverse
• Security and privacy in online social networks and the metaverse
• AR/VR, IoT, wearables, and crowdsourcing for online social networks and the metaverse - Cloud, Edge, SDN, and NFV for online social networks and the metaverse
• Non-terrestrial networks, UAV, and 5G/6G for online social networks and the metaverse
• AI/ML, data science, and blockchains for online social networks and the metaverse
• Measurement of online social network and metaverse systems and applications
• Modeling, algorithms, and theories for online social networks and the metaverse
Paper submission: March 18, 2023 (AoE)
Notification of acceptance: April 10, 2023
Camera-ready: May 8, 2023
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=socialmeta2023 . Authors are encouraged to submit papers describing original and unpublished research, not currently under review in other venues, addressing state-of-the-art research and development in all aspects of mobile computing, online social networks, or the intersection of both. In particular, innovative, early-stage ideas and preliminary results are welcome. The length of the paper must be no more than 6 pages in the IEEE double-column format, including references. The first page must contain an abstract, the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s). Each submission will receive at least three independent, blind peer reviews from the program committee. At least one of the authors of every accepted paper must register and present the paper at the workshop.
The program committee will select one paper for the Best Paper Award. Selected papers will be recommended to the Journal of Social Computing (JSC) published by IEEE and Tsinghua University Press.
Yang Chen, Lei Jiao, Yupeng Li, Zehui Xiong
SocialMeta 2023 Co-Chairs
More information about the hpc-announce