[hpc-announce] InteractiveHPC workshop at ISC: Call for participation

BROWN Nicholas n.brown at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 31 03:35:48 CDT 2022

=====================================
Call for participation: Fifth workshop on Interactive HPC
When: Thursday 2nd June 2022 between 2pm and 6pm
Where: Hall Y9, second floor Hamburg conference centre
Agenda: https://www.interactivehpc.com/

Interactive exploration and analysis of large data sets, intelligent simulation workflows that combine interactive analysis and AI techniques with modeling and simulation, interactive preparation and debugging of large-scale scientific simulations, in-situ visualization, and application steering are all compelling scenarios for High Performance Computing sytems. However, a range of technical, organizational, and sociological challenges must be overcome to make these interactive workflows mainstream in HPC centers: What simulation scenarios or problem domains can benefit most from interactivity? How can we simplify the toolchain? What center policies are needed to support highly interactive workflows? The goal of this workshop is to bring together domain scientists, tool developers, and HPC center administrators to identify the scientific impact and technical challenges of highly interactive access to HPC resources.

We have an exciting session planned, with some interesting talks (see https://www.interactivehpc.com/). Furthermore, there is the opportunity to be involved in a position paper on interactive HPC, where we will have a special session towards the end of the workshop to collaboratively draft a position paper around interactive HPC, exploring the successes to date and describing aspects that require further enhancement and support from the community. We plan on submitting this after the workshop to a top journal, with contributors being named as co-authors.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.