[hpc-announce] ** Deadline extended ** Track: Scientific Computation Applied to Geospatial Problems, Encuentro Nacional de Computación 2022 (ENC 2022)
Alberto García Robledo
agarcia at centrogeo.edu.mx
Mon May 2 15:40:06 CDT 2022
** Deadline extended **
Encuentro Nacional de Computación 2022 (ENC 2022)
Track: Scientific Computation Applied to Geospatial Problems
August 24-26th, 2022
Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico (virtual)
Link to the general Call for Papers ENC 2022:
Link to this CfP:
The “Sociedad Mexicana de Ciencia de la Computación A.C.” and the
Technical Committee, invite students, postgraduates, professors,
researchers, and professionals to submit scientific papers to the
“Scientific Computation Applied to Geospatial Problems” track of the
“2022 Encuentro Nacional de Computación” (ENC 2022) conference. The
manuscripts will be reviewed and selected by the Technical Committee
and the best works will be presented in a virtual session.
ENC 2022 is one the most important conference organized by Sociedad
Mexicana de Ciencia de Computación A.C., Universidad Veracruzana
(host), Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo (UMSNH),
Tecnológico Nacional de México (TecNM) campus Culiacán, and campus
CENIDET. It will be held in virtual format, on August 24-26th, 2022,
All the papers PRESENTED at the conference will be submitted to
IEEEXplore for worldwide exposure if they comply with its rules.
Submissions to the track are encouraged to be related to the topics of
interest in the following areas:
- Computational modeling and spatio-temporal prediction applied to
social and geospatial problems.
- Algorithms and frameworks for solving problems related to mobility
- Scientific computing for environment and geographical data processing.
- Algorithms and distributed processing methods for geospatial Big Data.
- Analysis of geospatial complex networks.
- Geolocation and geoparsing.
- Machine learning applied to problems with social relevance and
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems.
- Applications for solutions to socio-territorial problems.
- May 7th, 2022: Final full paper submission. ** Extended **
- Jun 22th, 2022: Acceptance Notification.
- Jun 30th, 2022: Final paper submission.
- August 24-26th, 2022: Conference.
All the articles must satisfy the requirements and quality described
in the General Call for Papers:
The paper title, as well as the abstract, has to be written in
English, and the body of the paper either in English or Spanish. The
length is limited to 8 pages using the IEEE templates found at
Authors should note that changes to the author list after the
submission deadline are not allowed without permission from the Track
Chairs. The number of authors is limited to 7.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register
for, attend, and present the work at the conference or the paper will
not appear in the conference proceedings.
Further information: http://smcc-mexico.mx (enc2022 at smcc-mexico.mx)
- The paper’s motivation and the potential impact of the addressed
problem are discussed.
- The paper’s original contributions are clearly stated.
- The paper’s claims are properly scoped and supported.
- The paper clearly describes what was done and what was not.
- The choices made in each step of the research are justified (the why’s).
- The results are presented effectively in an appropriate format.
- Good discussion accompanies the results.
Experimentation (if applicable):
- The experimental design and its scale are appropriate.
- In comparative studies, appropriate baselines are used.
- The experimental results are reliable and generalizable.
- The evaluation methods employed are in line with the research questions.
- Statistical analysis is performed and reported appropriately.
- Sufficient details (with data and code where appropriate) are
provided to help other researchers assess and reproduce the
- Rodrigo López Farías, Ph.D.: rlopez at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Alberto García Robledo, Ph.D.: agarcia at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Sergio Ivvan Valdez Peña, Ph.D.: svaldez at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Jorge Paredes Tavares, Ph.D.: jparedes at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Hector Solano Lamphar, Ph.D.: hsolano at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Daniela Moctezuma, Ph.D.: dmoctezuma at centrogeo.edu.mx
- Angelina Espejel, Ph.D.: aespejelt at conacyt.mx
More information about the hpc-announce