[hpc-announce] IoTBDS 2023, 21-23 April 2023 (submission due on 19 Jan 2023)

Victor Chang vic1e09 at soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 23 08:34:21 CST 2022

Dear colleagues,

I hope you and your family are doing well. We have the 8th International Conference on Internet of Things, Big Data and Security 2023 (IoTBDS 2023), in Prague, Czech Republic, between 21-23 April, 2023. Submission deadline has been extended to 19 Jan, 2023 due to impacts of COVID-19. We also allow a hybrid mode, meaning some participants can present online. We work with high quality journals, well-known keynote speakers and researchers/scientists/practitioners/decision-makers from all over the world. Please check our websites https://iotbds.scitevents.org/ and COMPLXIS 2023 https://complexis.scitevents.org/ with the same submission deadlines and also FEMIB 2023 https://femib.scitevents.org/ and social network website https://www.facebook.com/ES2014ECs2015/.

Our conference has an index from WOS, Scopus, EI, etc. We have support from Journal of Grid Computing (JoGC, WOS SCI Q1), Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM, WOS Q2, EI, ABS/AJG 2), Decision Support Analytics (Scopus) and Journal of Engineering and Technology Management (JETM, with FEMIB, WOS Q1, ABS/AJG 2). We'll seek support from more competitive journals. We look forward to meeting you and seeing your presentations. Many thanks in advance. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks and regards,

Victor

https://iotbds.scitevents.org/

UPCOMING SUBMISSION DEADLINES (for both regular papers and position papers)
Position/Regular Paper Submission: January 19, 2023
Doctoral Consortium Paper Submission: March 1, 2023
Abstracts Track Submission: March 1, 2023

Doctoral Consortium
Paper Submission: March 1, 2023
Authors Notification: March 14, 2023
Camera Ready and Registration: March 22, 2023

Tutorials
Tutorial Proposal: March 14, 2023

Demos
Demo Proposal: March 14, 2023

Panels
Panel Proposal: March 14, 2023

Abstracts Track
Abstract Submission: March 1, 2023
Authors Notification: March 14, 2023
Camera Ready and Registration: March 22, 2023

SCOPE

The internet of things (IoT) is a platform that allows a network of devices (sensors, smart meters, etc.) to communicate, analyze data and process information collaboratively in the service of individuals or organizations. The IoT network can generate large amounts of data in a variety of formats and using different protocols which can be stored and processed in the cloud. The conference looks to address the issues surrounding IoT devices, their interconnectedness and services they may offer, including efficient, effective and secure analysis of the data IoT produces using machine learning and other advanced techniques, models and tools, and issues of security, privacy and trust that will emerge as IoT technologies mature and become part of our everyday lives.

Big Data (BD) has core values of volume, velocity, variety and veracity. After collecting much data from IoT, BD can be jointly used with machine learning, AI, statistical and other advanced techniques, models and methods, which can create values for people and organizations adopting it, since forecasting, deep analysis and analytics can help identify weaknesses and make improvements based on different analysis.

Maintaining a high level of security and privacy for data in IoT are crucial and we welcome recommendations, solutions, demonstrations and best practices for all forms of security and privacy for IoT and BD.

CONFERENCE AREAS
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:

1. BIG DATA RESEARCH
2. EMERGING SERVICES AND ANALYTICS
3. INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) FUNDAMENTALS
4. INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) APPLICATIONS
5. BIG DATA FOR MULTI-DISCIPLINE SERVICES
6. SECURITY, PRIVACY AND TRUST
7. IOT TECHNOLOGIES

AREA 1: BIG DATA RESEARCH

Modeling, Experiments, Sharing Technologies & Platforms
Analytics, Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering
Software-Defined Networking, Virtual Data Centers and emerging Data Centers
Networking and Social Networks
Data Management for Large Data
Social Science and Implications for Big Data
AREA 2: EMERGING SERVICES AND ANALYTICS

Health Informatics as a Service (HIaaS) for Any Type of Health Informatics, Computation and Services
Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) including Software Frameworks, Empirical Approaches and Data Processing Techniques
Big Data Algorithm, Methodology, Business Models and Challenges
Security as a Service including Any Algorithms, Methodology and Software Proof-of-Concepts
Financial Applications for Risk, Pricing, Disaster Analysis and Predictive Modeling
Tele-education, Tele-working, Tele-medicine and Tele-consulting applications
Analytics as a Service (AaaS) for Any Types of Analytics
eGovernment, eCommerce, eScience and Creative Technologies for IoT and Big Data
IoT Services and Applications
New Service Models and Emerging Services
AREA 3: INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) FUNDAMENTALS

Software Architecture and Middleware
Recommender Systems, Smart Devices and Location-Awareness
Performance Evaluation and Modeling
Networking and Communication Protocols
Machine to Machine Communications
Energy Efficiency
Software Engineering for IoT and IoE
Machine Learning and Deep Learning Approaches Data Analytics
AREA 4: INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) APPLICATIONS

Technological Focus for Smart Environments
Smart City Examples and Case Studies
Architecture for Secure and Interactive IoT
Social Implications and Ethics for IoT Intelligence
Systems for IoT and Services Computing
Sensor Networks, Remote Diagnosis and Development
Transportation Management Traffic Theory, Modeling and Simulation
Intelligent Infrastructure and Guidance Systems for Vehicles, Green Systems and Smart City
AREA 5: BIG DATA FOR MULTI-DISCIPLINE SERVICES

Smart City and Transportation
Techniques and methods for post-COVID-19 learning, training and teleworking
Business, Finance and Management
Case Studies of Real Adoption and Inter-disciplinary Research
Healthcare Services, Health Informatics, Biomedical Research and Biological Research of the Pandemic
Social Networks Analysis, Faked News, Blockchain and eGovernment
Healthcare Services, Health Informatics and Biological Research of the Pandemic
AREA 6: SECURITY, PRIVACY AND TRUST

Algorithms, Software Engineering and Development
Encryption (All Aspects)
Firewall, Access Control, Identity Management
Intrusion and Detection Techniques
Case Studies
Data, System, User and Location Privacy
Data Security, Data Recovery, Disaster Recovery
Adoption Challenges and Recommendation
Security, Privacy and Trust
Testing (Software Engineering; Penetration; Product Development)
Experiments on Using Security Solutions and Proof-of-Concepts
Emerging Issues and Recommendations for Organizational Security
Analysis and Vulnerabilty Prevention
Software Engineering for Security Modeling, Business Process Modeling and Analytics
AREA 7: IOT TECHNOLOGIES

Artificial Intelligence
Communication
Data Processing
Internet of Things
Sensors
Communication Protocols
Vehicle-to-Infrastructure
Vehicle-to-Vehicle
Transport Safety and Mobility
IoT in Autonomous and e-vehicles
Drones and integration with 5G/6G

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
Péter Kacsuk (honorary), MTA SZTAKI, Hungary
Victor Chang, Aston Business School, Aston University, United Kingdom

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
Gary B. Wills, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
Levente Buttyán, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

PUBLICITY CHAIRS
Bernhard Heiden, Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, Austria
Anna Kobusinska, Poznan University of Technology, Poland

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Tamas Kiss, University of Westminster, United Kingdom
Srdjan Capkun, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

Please visit https://iotbds.scitevents.org/ , https://complexis.scitevents.org/ and https://femib.scitevents.org/ .