[hpc-announce] Reminder: Call for Nominations: 2021 IEEE CS TCHPC ECR Award for Excellence in HPC
V.S.Getov at westminster.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 00:27:38 CDT 2022
Call for Nominations:
2021 IEEE CS TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing
The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high-performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
• Technical Committee on Parallel Processing (TCPP)
• Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
• Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
• Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
• Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
• Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
Nominations: A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination application must be submitted via email to tchpc-awards at computer.org as a single PDF file and should contain the following details:
1. Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
2. Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
3. A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
4. CV of the nominee.
5. Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
• Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2021
• Results Notification: September 15, 2021
Award Selection Committee:
• Yuichiro Ajima, Fujitsu Limited, Japan
• Ivona Brandic, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
• Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (Chair)
• Hatem Ltaief, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
• Catherine (Katie) Schuman, ORNL, USA
• Dingwen Tao, Washington State University, USA
• Pedro Valero-Lara, ORNL, USA
Note that members of the selection committee cannot be nominators or provide support letters.
Award & Presentation Note: Awardees will be presented a plaque and provided with complimentary IEEE and IEEE CS membership for one year. They will also be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters, and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC21 conference that will be held in St. Louis, MO, USA during November 14 – 19, 2021. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc21.supercomputing.org/. For more information, please send email to tchpc-awards at computer.org
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW.
This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.
More information about the hpc-announce