[hpc-announce] International Workshop on the Integration of (Simulation + Data + Learning): Towards Society 5.0 by h3-Open-BDEC (Nov.30/Dec.3, 2021, on-line)

NAKAJIMA, Kengo nakajima at cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Oct 11 20:12:02 CDT 2021

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail]

*International Workshop on the Integration of (Simulation + Data +
Learning):
Towards Society 5.0 by h3-Open-BDEC (Online)**
**
*November 30: 08:00-09:50 JST , 16:00-18:00 JST
December 03: 08:00-10:20 JST, 16:00-18:10 JST
(Nov.29 23:00-Nov.30 00:50 GMT, Nov.30 07:00-09:00 GMT)
(Dec.02 23:00-Dec.02 01:20 GMT, Dec.03 07:00-09:10 GMT)

Co-hosted by JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S) (19H05662) &
Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo
*## “Discussions on Computing by Low/Adaptive Precision” is scheduled
during Dec.03 00:40-01:20 GMT)**
HP: https://h3-open-bdec.github.io/IWISDLTS5_2021/
Registration:
https://u-tokyo-ac-jp.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcscOuhrDstHtDug9CINxqY3ZGeGfz5szh4
Preliminary Program:
https://h3-open-bdec.github.io/IWISDLTS5_2021/program.html
HP of Project: https://h3-open-bdec.cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
Wisteria/BDEC-01 & h3-Open-BDEC:
https://www.hpcwire.com/2021/02/25/japan-to-debut-integrated-fujitsu-hpc-ai-supercomputer-this-spring/
*## Please make pre-registration to get Zoom URL*

*Invited Speakers
-Gerhard Wellein (FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany)
-Kento Sato (RIKEN Center for Computational Science, Japan)
-Osni Marques (Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory, USA)
-Rich Vuduc (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA)
-Takeshi Fukaya (Hokkaido University/JST PRESTO, Japan)
-Weichung Wang (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)

*Organizers & Speakers
-Kengo Nakajima (Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo,
Leading PI)
-Takeshi Iwashita (Hokkaido University, Co-PI)
-Hisashi Yashiro (National Institute for Environmental Studies, Co-PI)
-Hiromichi Nagao (Earthquake Research Institute, The University of
Tokyo, Co-PI)
-Takashi Shimokawabe (Information Technology Center, The University of
Tokyo, Co-PI)
-Hiroya Matsuba (Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo,
Co-PI)
-Takeshi Ogita (Tokyo Woman's Christian University, Co-PI)
-Takahiro Katagiri (Nagoya University, Co-PI)
-Masatoshi Kawai (Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo)
-Hayato Shiba (Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo)

* Background & Goal of the WS
Towards the end of Moore's law, we need to develop new algorithms and
applications. We are developing h3-Open-BDEC, which is innovative
software for sustainable promotion of scientific discovery by
supercomputers in the Exascale Era by combining (Simulation + Data +
Learning (S+D+L)), where ideas of data science and machine learning are
introduced to computational science. Integration of (S+D+L) is also
important for realization of Society 5.0, which is a “Super Smart and
Human-centered Society” by digital innovation, such as IoT, Big Data, AI
etc., and by integration of cyber-space (digital/virtual space) and
physical-space (real space). The h3-Open-BDEC project is funded by
Japanese Government via JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific
Research(S)(Leading PI: Kengo Nakajima, the University of Tokyo,
19H05662) since 2019.

The Wisteria/BDEC-01 system (Big Data & Extreme Computing), which
started its operation in May 2021 at the Information Technology Center,
the Tokyo University, is a Hierarchical, Hybrid, Heterogeneous (h3)
system, which consists of computing nodes for computational science and
engineering with A64FX (simulation nodes) and those for data
analytics/AI with NVIDIA A100 GPU’s (data/learning nodes). In this
study, we consider the Wisteria/BDEC-01 as the platform for integration
of (S+D+L), develop h3-Open-BDEC for integration of (S+D+L), and
evaluate the effects of integration of (S+D+L) on the Wisteria/BDEC-01
system.

In this workshop, we would like to report our progress of research and
development in recent 2 years. While there are talks by Co-PI’s and
members of the project, we have 6 excellent invited talks from Japan,
Taiwan, USA and Germany. All members of the project are happy to welcome
all participants, and would like to discuss on various aspects of
integration of (S+D+L). Please enjoy this two-day online event.