[hpc-announce] ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good (GoodIT 2022): Second Call for Special Track Proposals
announce at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Mon Nov 1 09:03:27 CDT 2021
*** Second Call for Special Track Proposals ***
ACM International Conference on Information Technology for Social Good
7–9 September, 2022, 5* St. Raphael Resort & Marina, Limassol, Cyprus
ACM GoodIT focuses on the application of IT technologies to social good. Social good
is typically defined as an action that provides some sort of benefit to the general
public. In this case, Internet connection, education, and healthcare are all good
examples of social goods. However, new media innovations and the explosion of
online communities have added new meaning to the term. Social good is now about
global citizens uniting to unlock the potential of individuals, technology, and
collaboration to create positive societal impact.
GoodIT topics include but not limited to:
• IT for education
• Data Science
• Digital solutions for Cultural Heritage
• Data sensing, processing, and persistency
• Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
• Health and social care
• IT for development
• Privacy and trust issues and solutions
• Sustainable cities and transportation
• Smart governance and e-administration
• IT for smart living
• Technology addressing the digital divide
• IT for automotive
• Frugal solutions for IT
• Ethical computing
• Decentralized approaches to IT
• Citizen science
• Socially responsible IT solutions
• Sustainable IT
• Social informatics
• Civic intelligence
Journal Special Issue and Best Paper Award
Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue
in the journal MDPI Sensors, where the theme of the special issue will be
"Application of Information Technology (IT) to Social Good". Specifically 5 papers
will be invited free of charge and another 5 papers will get a 20% discount on
the publication fees.
Furthermore, MDPI Sensors will sponsor a Best Paper Award with the amount of
Special Tracks Proposals
GoodIT 2022 will feature special tracks whose aim is to focus on a specific topic of
interest related to the overall scope of the conference. We solicit proposals for special
tracks to be held within the main conference and whose publications will be included
in the conference proceedings. Tracks proposals can focus on any contemporary
themes that highlight social good aspects in the design, implementation,
deployment, securing, and evaluation of IT technologies.
Special Track Proposal Format
A special track proposal must contain the following information:
• Title of the special track.
• The names of the organizers (indicatively, two) with affiliations, contact
information, and a single paragraph of a brief bio.
• A short description of the scope and topics of the track (max 1/2 page) and a brief
explanation of: (1) why the topic is timely and important; (2) why the topic is related
to the conference’s main theme; (3) why the track may attract a significant number of
submissions of good quality.
• Indication if a journal special issue is associated with the track, possibly with
information on the process of selecting papers.
• The plan to disseminate the call for papers of the special track for achieving a
reasonable number of paper submissions (a list of emailing lists will help).
• A tentative Program Committee list.
• A draft Call for Papers (max 1 page).
Papers submitted to each particular track have to satisfy the same criteria as for the
main conference. They must be original works and must not have been previously
published. They have to be peer-reviewed by the track's Program Committee (at least
three reviews per submitted paper are required). The final version of papers must
follow the formatting instructions of the main conference
(https://cyprusconferences.org/goodit2022/index.php/authors/). At least one of the
authors of all accepted papers must register and present the work at the conference;
otherwise, the paper will not be published in the proceedings. All accepted and
presented papers will be included in the conference proceedings published in the
ACM Digital Library. The special track may provide an option for publishing extended
versions of selected papers in a special issue of a journal.
Special Track Proposal Submission Guidelines
Special track proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file to the special track
Chairs (see below) via email to: ombretta.gaggi at unipd.it, valentino.vranic at stuba.sk,
and rysavy at fit.vut.cz. The subject of the e-mail must be: “GoodIT 2022 – special
track proposal”. The special track chairs may ask proposers for supplying additional
information during the review period.
• Special Track Proposal Submission Deadline: 13 December 2021
• Notification of Selection: 20 December 2021
Contact (Special Tracks Chairs)
• Ombretta Gaggi (University of Padua, Italy)
• Ondrej Rysavy (Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic)
• Valentino Vranic (Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovakia)
More information about the hpc-announce