[hpc-announce] [2nd MiM Free Webinar]: Memristor-based computation-in-memory for edge AI: Opportunities and Challenges

Nima TaheriNejad nima.taherinejad at tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 14 08:41:56 CDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

we are excited to invited you to our second Mondays in Memory (MiM)
talk, “Memristor-based computation-in-memory for edge AI: Opportunities
and Challenges”, by Prof. Hamdioui from Delft University of Technology.
This talk is scheduled for May 17, 2021 at 4pm CET and is followed by
Q&A, and an open discussion with the speaker and our panelist Dr.
Ioannis Vourkas. For more information, please visit MiM website
https://www.ict.tuwien.ac.at/staff/taherinejad/MiM/next.html

MiM is a new biweekly webinar series dedicated to all aspects and
technologies for in-memory computing and in a broader sense near memory
computing. MiM is free and open to everyone around the world, held on
the first and third Monday of each month. To maximize the outreach, we
begin at 4-5:30pm central European time, which is 7-8:30am Pacific time
and 10-11:30pm Beijing time. Each webinar is consisted of an invited
talk and a Q&A with the speaker and two panel members.

The links to the next webinar is https://tuwien.zoom.us/j/95707379792
(no registration is required)

We have two more exciting talks planned in June. One by Fabrice Devaux
CTO of UPmem (June 7th) and Dr. Abu Sebastian, distinguished researcher
and manager at IBM Zurich (June 21st). Check our future plans at
https://www.ict.tuwien.ac.at/staff/taherinejad/MiM/upcoming.html

Feel free to forward this information to your students and other
interested colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you all in our next
webinars!

Best regards,
Nima TaheriNejad

Nima TaheriNejad, PhD
TU Wien, Institute of Computer Technology,
http://www.ict.tuwien.ac.at/staff/taherinejad/

Gusshausstrasse 27-29, Room CA0229
1040 Vienna, Austria, +43-1-58801-384-52

My latest publications (selected short list):
Efficient Respiratory Rate Extraction on Smartwatch @ IEEE EMBC 2020
RoSA: A Framework for Modeling Self-Awareness in Cyber-Physical Systems
@ IEEE ACCESS 2020
Autonomous Systems, Trust and Guarantees @ IEEE Design & Test 2020
UBAR: User and Battery Aware Resource Management for Smartphones @ ACM
TECS 2021