[hpc-announce] CFP: LHAM’21 at CANDAR'21 (Abstract Due: August 27, extended)

Keiichiro FUKAZAWA fukazawa at media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jul 18 22:32:12 CDT 2021

CALL FOR PAPERS
LHAM'21: https://is-candar.org/lham21

8th International Workshop on Large-scale HPC Application
Modernization (LHAM)
https://is-candar.org/lham21

to be held in conjunction with

The Ninth International Symposium on Computing and Networking (CANDAR'21),
Matsue, Shimane, Japan, November 23-26, 2021

https://is-candar.org/

[Special announcement regarding COVID-19 situation]
- Although we are still working with the possibility of having
   physical meetings for CANDAR 2021 as planned, the pandemic
   situation may not allow it. In case physical meeting is not
   possible, we will have online meetings (details will be
   announced later);
- Regardless of physical or virtual meeting, we will provide
   the opportunity to present the paper online for those not
   able travel to Matsue for any reason. The details of online
   presentation will be informed later.
- The review process will be conducted as in previous editions.
- Regardless of physical or virtual meeting, all accepted
   papers will be published by Conference Publishing Services
   (CPS) as previous years.

[Introduction]
The code size and complexity of an HPC application inevitably
increase for exploiting the system performance as well as for
simulating physical phenomena more faithfully and precisely.
We have to invest more time and effort in modernizing such a
large-scale HPC application code whenever a new HPC system
becomes available. As the complexity of HPC system architectures
is also increasing today, there is a strong demand for streamlining
HPC application modernization. The International Workshop on
Large-scale HPC Application Modernization offers an opportunity
to share practices and experiences of modernizing practical HPC
application codes, and also discuss ideas and future directions
for supporting the modernization.

In particular, we will focus on the following topics of interest,
but not limited to:

* Programming models, languages and frameworks for facilitating HPC
software evolution and refactoring.
* Algorithms and implementation methodologies for future-generation
computing systems, including manycores and accelerators (GPUs, Xeon Phi,
etc).
* Automatic performance tuning techniques, runtime systems and domain-
specific languages for hiding the complexity of underlying system
architectures.
* Practices and experiences on porting of legacy applications and
libraries.

[Paper format]
* Regular paper: 5-7 pages
* Poster paper: 3-4 pages

[Publication]
The conference and workshop proceedings will be published by Conference
Publishing Service and submitted to IEEE Xplore and CSDL digital libraries.
Also, they are submitted for indexing through INSPEC, EI (Compendex),
Thomson ISI, and other indexing services.

[Important dates]
  * Abstract submission due: August 27, 2021
  * Paper submission due: September 1, 2021
  * Paper notification: October 1, 2021
  * Final camera-ready paper submission due: October 18, 2021

[Organizers]
* Workshop Chairs
  - Hiroyuki Takizawa, Tohoku University

* Program Chair
   - Keiichiro FUKAZAWA, Kyoto University

[Program Committee]
  *  Michael Bader, Technical University of Munich
  *  Anthony Danalis, University of Tennessee
  *  Ryusuke Egawa, Tokyo Denki University
  *  Toshio Endo, Tokyo Institute of Technology
  *  Jing Gong, Uppsala University
  *  Shoichi Hirasawa, National Institute of Informatics
  *  Fumihiko Ino, Osaka University
  *  Kazuhiko Komatsu, Tohoku University
  *  Atsushi Kubota, Hiroshima City University
  *  Kiyoshi Kumahata, JAXA's Engineering & Design Innovative Center, JAXA
  *  Seyong Lee, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
  *  Takeshi Nanri, Kyushu University
  *  Satoshi Ohshima, Nagoya University
  *  Masao Okita, Osaka University
  *  Kamil Rocki, The University of Tokyo, JST CREST
  *  Reiji Suda, The University of Tokyo
  *  Daisuke Takahashi, University of Tsukuba
  *  Toshiya Takami, Oita University
  *  Vadim Voevodin, RCC MSU
  *  Cheng Wang, University of Houston