[hpc-announce] Call for Papers - PACT 2021

Albert Cohen 4c0h3n at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:54:47 CST 2021

CALL FOR PAPERS

PACT 2021 - The 30th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and
Compilation Techniques
Atlanta, GA, USA, September 26-29, 2021
http://pactconf.org/

Sitting at the intersection of parallel architectures and compilers, the
PACT conference series brings together researchers from architecture,
compilers, execution environments, programming languages, and applications,
to present and discuss their latest research results.

2020 was a difficult year and, like many other conferences, PACT had to
convert to a virtual conference instead of meeting in Atlanta. We are very
hopeful that 2021 will bring a pandemic-free world and with that a return
to physical conferences. However, because we cannot assume that researchers
worldwide will be able to travel we are planning to hold PACT as a virtual
conference. Should conditions allow a physical meeting then we may consider
bringing PACT back to Atlanta. We will make this decision some time in
Spring.

For PACT 2021 we solicit contributions in a broad range of topics,
including (but not limited to) the following:

o) Parallel architectures and computational models
o) Compilers and tools for parallel computing systems
o) Multicore, multithreaded, superscalar, and VLIW architectures
o) Software and hardware support for hiding memory latencies
o) Correctness and security issues in parallel hardware, software and tools
o) Reconfigurable parallel computing
o) Dynamic translation and optimization
o) I/O issues in parallel computing
o) Parallel programming languages
o) Execution environments and middleware for parallel computing
o) Application- and domain-specific parallel systems
o) Applications and experimental systems studies of parallel processing
o) Heterogeneous systems using various types of accelerators
o) Applications of machine learning to parallel computing
o) Future parallel systems for beyond Moore's law and/or beyond Exascale
o) Computing systems aspects of parallel algorithms
o) Computing systems aspects of distributed and mobile computing
o) Computing systems insights from high-performance applications (including
machine learning, data analytics, scientific computing, computational
biology)

The full CFP is available at
http://pact21.snu.ac.kr/http://pactconf.org/call-for-papers/

SUBMISSION SITE: https://pact21.hotcrp.com

If you like us, please share!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://pactconf.org/
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/share?url=http://pactconf.org&text=PACT21&hashtags=PACT21

Information for Authors:
Paper submissions are due April 19, 2021, with abstracts due April 15, 2021.
Detailed instructions for electronic submission and other important dates
will be posted on the PACT conference web site (http://www.pactconf.org).
For additional information regarding paper submissions, please contact the
Program Chair.

Tutorials / Workshops: Proposals are solicited for tutorials and workshops
to be held immediately before and/or after the conference. Interested
individuals are invited to contact the Workshops and Tutorials Chairs.

Artifact Evaluation: An important foundation of many PACT papers is the
software used to support the reported results. To recognize the effort
involved in developing high-quality software and to foster a culture of
reproducibility, PACT 2021 will include a separate artifact evaluation
process.

Student Research Competition: The Student Research Competition (SRC) is a
forum for graduate and undergraduate students to share their research
results, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while
competing for prizes. The SRC consists of three rounds: online abstract
submission authored by the student alone, poster session at PACT 2021 by
authors selected abstracts, and presentation at PACT 2021 by authors of the
top 3 posters selected by judges at the conference.

IMPORTANT DATES and DEADLINES

Conference Papers:
Abstracts: April 15, 2021
Full Papers: April 19, 2021
Round 1 Rebuttal Period: May 24-25, 2021
Round 2 Rebuttal Period: June 28-29, 2021
Author Notification: July 5, 2021
Artifact Submission: July 12, 2021
Camera Ready Papers: August 16, 2021

Workshops and Tutorials:
Proposals: April 26, 2021

PACT 2021 Organizing Committee

General Chair: Jaejin Lee, Seoul National University
Program Chair: Albert Cohen, Google