[hpc-announce] CFP: DAIS'21 - 21st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS AND INTEROPERABLE SYSTEMS
miguel.marques.matos at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Mon Jan 18 06:42:46 CST 2021
CALL FOR PAPERS
21ST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS AND INTEROPERABLE
SYSTEMS (DAIS 2021)
AIM AND SCOPE
The DAIS conference series addresses all practical and conceptual aspects of
distributed applications, including their design, modeling, implementation
and operation, the supporting middleware, appropriate software engineering
methodologies and tools, as well as experimental studies and applications.
Submissions will be judged on their originality, significance, clarity,
relevance, and technical correctness.
The topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
Novel and innovative distributed applications and systems, particularly in the
cloud, edge and fog computing,
big data processing,
streaming and complex event processing,
distributed social networking,
IoT and cyber-physical systems,
advanced networking (SDN/NFV),
micro-services and service-oriented computing,
peer-to-peer systems, and
data center and internet-scale systems.
Novel architectures and mechanisms, particularly in the areas of
virtualization and resource allocation,
trusted execution environments,
blockchains, cryptocurrencies and smart contracts, and
distributed consensus mechanisms.
System issues and design goals, including
interoperability and adaptation,
self-* properties (e.g., self-organization, self-management,…),
security and practical applications of cryptography,
trust and privacy,
cooperation incentives and fairness,
fault-tolerance and dependability,
scalability and elasticity, and
tail-performance and energy-efficiency.
All papers must be original, unpublished, and not submitted for publication
elsewhere. DAIS 2021 offers three submission tracks:
* Full research papers in no more than 15 pages + 2 pages references.
* Full practical experience reports, including experimental and evaluation studies,
case studies, and practice reports in no more than 15 pages + 2 pages references.
* Work-in-progress papers, describing ongoing work and interim results, in no more
than 6 pages + 2 pages references.
Contributions should be submitted electronically as PDF, using the Springer LNCS style
to the conference submission website (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dais2021).
Each paper will undergo a thorough process of peer reviews by the Program Committee.
Reviewing is single-blind: author name(s) should appear. All papers accepted in any of
the conference tracks will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be
published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series. Proceedings will be made available at
the conference. Submission implies that at least one author will register and attend
the conference if the paper is accepted.
* January 29, 2021 - Abstract submission
* February 5, 2021 - Paper submission
* April 2, 2021 - Notification of accepted papers
* April 23, 2021 - Camera-ready papers
* Fabíola Greve, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
* Miguel Matos, University of Lisboa & INESC-ID, Portugal
* Eduardo Alchieri, Universidade de Brasília, Brazil
* Pierre-Louis Aublin, Keio University, Japan
* Silvia Bonomi, Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”, Italy
* Damiano Di Francesco Maesa, University of Cambridge, UK
* Davide Frey, INRIA, France
* Paula Herber, University of Münster, Germany
* Mark Jelasity, University of Szeged, Hungary
* Vana Kalogeraki, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
* Evangelia Kalyvianaki, University of Cambridge, UK
* Fábio Kon, University of São Paulo
* João Leitão, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
* Daniel Lucani, Aarhus University, Denmark
* Kostas Magoutis, University of Ioannina, Greece
* Hein Meling, University of Stavanger, Norway
* Claudio Antares Mezzina, University Urbino, Italy
* Alberto Montresor, University of Trento, Italy
* Daniel O’Keeffe, Royal Holloway University of London, England
* Emanuel Onica, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi, Romania
* Marta Patino, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
* José Orlando Pereira, Universidade do Minho & INESC TEC, Portugal
* Hans P. Reiser, University Passau, Germany
* Romain Rouvoy, University of Lille 1, France
* Valerio Schiavoni, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
* Pierre Sutra, Telecom SudParis, France
* Roman Vitenberg, University of Oslo, Norway
* Spyros Voulgaris, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Assistant Professor @ Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa
Senior Researcher @ INESC-ID Lisboa
miguel.marques.matos at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Tel.: +351 21 310 02 92
Rua Alves Redol, 9
More information about the hpc-announce