[hpc-announce] CFP: ISC 2021 Call for PhD Forum
pearce8 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 17 13:38:19 CST 2021
ISC 2021 Call for PhD Forum
ISC PhD Forum is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects, and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers and future coworkers.
All posters will be presented through the digital ISC and we intend to offer interactivity between presenters and attendees.
The PhD Forum consists of two parts:
* A set of short back-to-back lightning talks (swift, focused presentation of the PhD student’s research objectives and early results; format will be defined soon)
* Poster presentation session (starting point for engaging discussions with more in-depth information)
Submitted PhD Forum proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2021 PhD Forum Committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/isc-committees.html>, which is headed by Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), USA, with Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, USA, as Deputy Chair.
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will again sponsor the ISC 2021 PhD Forum Award<https://www.isc-hpc.com/awards-2021.html> which recognizes the three most outstanding posters as selected by members of the PhD Forum committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/isc-committees.html>. The awards include cash prizes for the first, second and third winner (EUR 500/300/150).
Submission Deadline: March 10, 2021, 11:59 pm AOE.
Notification of Acceptance: May 5, 2021
Final Presentation Slides and Posters due: June 7, 2021
Attendance requires a Conference Pass. Registration fees will be published in spring 2021.
ISC will grant a complimentary conference pass to one author per accepted poster.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Topics may range from performance analysis to optimization, from tools to applications, and from software engineering to hardware architectures, with a cross-cut on reproducible and open-science research. Essentially, all areas covered in the call for research papers<https://www.isc-hpc.com/research-papers-2020.html> are also accepted for the PhD Forum submissions. We strongly encourage submissions by students in an early phase of their PhD track.
* Author information
* Summary of research objectives/early results (500 words maximum)
* Topic area
* Draft of the poster as PDF file
* 1 page maximum
* Posters must be submitted in high-resolution to ensure readability. (e.g. resolution: 2384 px × 3370 px at 72 dpi)
* maximum file size: 10 MB
* Double blind submission is not required
Final decision (May 5, 2021)
* Notification of authors
TERMS & CONDITIONS
* Students who wish to participate in the ISC 2021 PhD Forum must not have defended their PhD thesis by the time of the conference (June 2021).
* Poster presenters need to be registered ISC 2021 participants (conference pass), though one author will be granted a complimentary conference pass
* Registration fees for other authors, and other such expenses will not be covered by the ISC organizers.
* The presenters will have to provide a set of five slides (including a title slide) for their lightning talk by Monday, June 7, 2021 at the latest.
ISC 2021 RESEARCH POSTERS COMMITTEE
* Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States of America (Chair)
* Abhinav Bhatele, University of Maryland, United States of America (Deputy Chair)
* Eishi Arima, The University of Tokyo, Japan
* Hans-Joachim Bungartz, Technical University of Munich, Germany
* Florina Ciorba, University of Basel, Switzerland
* Christian Engelmann, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States of America
* Georgios Goumas, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
* Katherine Isaacs, University of Arizona, United States of America
* Tanzima Islam, Texas State University, United States of America
* Stefan Lankes, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
* Laercio Lima Pilla, CNRS, LRI, France
* Shinobu Miwa, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan
* Cosmin E. Oancea, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
* Amanda Randles, Duke University, United States of America
* Bettina Schnor, University of Potsdam, Germany
More information about the hpc-announce