[hpc-announce] PASC22: Call for Posters (Deadline: 19 Jan 2022)
twrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:09:26 CST 2021
CALL FOR POSTERS
Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC22)
Congress Center Basel
Basel - Switzerland
27-29 Jun 2022
Deadline for Submission: 19 Jan 2022
The Platform for Adanced Scientific Computing (PASC) invites poster submissions for PASC22, co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and SIGHPC, which will be held at the Congress Center Basel, Switzerland, from June 27 to 29, 2022. Further details on the conference format can be found at https://pasc22.pasc-conference.org/about/conference-format/.
The PASC Conference series is an international and interdisciplinary platform for the exchange of knowledge in scientific computing and computational science with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
The technical program of PASC22 is organized around the following scientific domains:
* Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences (incl. Solid Earth Dynamics)
* Chemistry and Materials
* Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
* Humanities and Social Sciences (incl. but not limited to behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts)
* Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow)
* Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology)
* Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD)
Posters that address aspects emphasizing the challenge of PASC22 - "Computing and Data... for all Humankind" - and the affiliated topics "Computing for Planet Earth", "Data Science and Inequality", and "Epidemiology and Public Health" are particularly welcome.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
The poster submission should include the following information:
* Topic: A title for the poster of no more than 20 words
* Domain: Primary and optionally additional scientific domains
* Author details: Full names and contact details of author(s)
* Abstract for review: A description of the work for publication in the online program (no more than 200 words)
Abstracts must be submitted through the PASC22 online submission portal (https://submissions.pasc-conference.org).
* 19 Jan 2022: Deadline for poster abstracts
* 08 Mar 2022: Decision notifications
* 01 May 2022: Deadline for submission of poster image (PDF)
Deadlines correspond to anywhere on earth ('AoE' or 'UTC-12').
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION TERMS
Designated presenters may be changed closer to the event according to circumstances.
Please note that PASC22 is unable to reimburse the expenses or waive the registration fees for poster presenters. Poster presenters must register for the conference and are subject to the corresponding registration fees.
In-person participation is preferred and encouraged whenever possible. Poster presenters who do not attend in-person may not be able to present their work during the poster session that is part of the three-day program. The work will instead be displayed in a digital poster exhibition. Further details on the conference format can be found at https://pasc22.pasc-conference.org/about/conference-format/.
MINISYMPOSIA AND POSTERS PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* Petros Koumoutsakos (ETH Zurich, Switzerland / Harvard University, US)
* Lois Curfman McInnes (Argonne National Laboratory, US)
* Takayuki Aoki (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
* Marc Baaden (CNRS, France)
* Ramesh Balakrishnan (Argonne National Laboratory, US)
* Allison Baker (National Center for Atmospheric Research, US)
* Eleni Chatzi (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* Luigi del Debbio (University of Edinburgh, UK)
* Nicola Ferrier (Argonne National Laboratory, US)
* Mike Heroux (Sandia National Laboratories, US)
* Marina Krstic Marinkovic (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* Felix Kubler (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
* Margarete Jadamec (The State University of New York at Buffalo, US)
* (Xiaoye) Sherry Li (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US)
* Erik Lindahl (Stockholm University, Sweden)
* Nuria Lopez (Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ), ES)
* Mathieu Luisier (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* Rajat Mittal (John Hopkins University, US)
* Robert Pincus (Columbia University, US)
* Matej Praprotnik (National Institute of Chemistry, Slovenia)
* Patrick Sanan (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* Ivo Sbalzarini (TU Dresden, Germany)
* Antonino Tumeo (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, US)
* Wim van Rees (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US)
* Julija Zavadlav (TU Munich, Germany)
Questions regarding the submission and reviewing process can be addressed to info at pasc-conference.org.
CSCS - Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
Via Trevano 131
More information about the hpc-announce