[hpc-announce] CFP: ACM SIGSIM PADS'22
perumallaks at ornl.gov
Tue Dec 14 12:22:19 CST 2021
ACM SIGSIM PADS
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Special Interest Group for Simulation and Modeling (SIGSIM)
Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation (PADS)
Call For Papers
2022 ACM SIGSIM PADS
June 8 - 10, 2022
Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation (ACM SIGSIM-PADS) continues its reputation for high quality papers. SIGSIM-PADS is the flagship conference of ACM's Special Interest Group on Simulation and Modeling (SIGSIM). SIGSIM-PADS will comply with the ACM policy on Conflict of Interest.
The ACM SIGSIM-PADS conference focuses on cutting-edge research that lies at the intersection of Computer Science and Modeling and Simulation (M&S). High quality papers are solicited in all aspects of M&S, including (but not restricted to) the following areas:
* Advanced modeling techniques, including reuse of models, new modeling languages, agent-based M&S, and spatially explicit M&S.
* Algorithms and methods for parallel or distributed simulation, including synchronization, scheduling, memory management, load balancing, and scalability issues.
* New simulation algorithms and techniques including hybrid simulation approaches, adaptive algorithms, approximations, GPU, FPGA and hybrid architecture acceleration.
* Modeling and simulation for big data and big data analytics
* Simulation infrastructure and security issues for large scale distributed and/or cloud-based modeling and simulation
* Model and simulation persistence and recovery in the presence of hardware failures
* Integration of simulation with other IT systems, methods, and developments including simulation-based decision-making, visual analytics, intelligent support in M&S, and simulation in cloud computing environments.
* Mechanisms for efficient design of experiments, including dynamic verification and validation of models, and automatic simulation model generation and initialization.
* M&S applied to manage and/or optimize operational systems and methodological challenges arising from these applications including online simulation, symbiotic simulation, dynamic data driven application systems, real-time and embedded simulation, and emulation of real systems.
* Tools and techniques for interoperability and composability of simulations including emerging standards and service-oriented approaches.
* Case studies considering the application of new or advanced computational methods to applications of contemporary interest.
Papers must be prepared by using an official ACM Proceedings Format template provided at https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 12 pages. For each accepted paper, at least one author is required to attend the conference and present their work. Papers must be submitted using the EasyChair submission system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sisgimpads22.
The ACM SIGSIM-PADS organizing committee is soliciting short papers to be presented at the conference. Short papers can be up to 4 pages long, and should describe interesting, novel research that is in an early stage of development or position papers of interest to the community. All short papers will be fully reviewed and will be published in the conference proceedings and included in the ACM Digital Library. At least one author is required to attend the conference and present their work in a time slot of 15 minutes.
ACM SIGSIM-PADS also invites students to take part in the PhD Colloquium and Poster Session at the 2022 ACM SIGSIM-PADS. Travel awards are available for students taking part.
AUTHORS TAKE NOTE:The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up totwo weeks priorto the first day of your conference. The official publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.(For those rare conferences whose proceedings are published in the ACM Digital Libraryafterthe conference is over, the official publication date remains the first day of the conference.) Presenters must attend the conference otherwise their paper will not appear in the ACM Digital Library.
Regular/Short Paper Submission:
January 18, 2022
Regular/Short Paper Notification of Acceptance:
March 18, 2022
Regular/Short Paper Camera-Ready Version:
April 19, 2022
Ph.D. Colloquium Submission:
April 8, 2022
Ph.D. Colloquium Notification of Acceptance:
April 15, 2022
Author Registration Deadline:
May 6, 2022 (tentative)
Early Registration and Hotel Deadline:
May 6, 2022 (tentative)
Kalyan Perumalla Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Margaret Loper Georgia Tech
Christopher Carothers Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Kevin Jin University of Arkansas
More information about the hpc-announce