[hpc-announce] [CFP] [MLBench]: Third Workshop on Benchmarking Machine Learning Workloads on Emerging Hardware Co-located with MLSys 2022

Murali Emani m.k.eemani at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 14:35:39 CST 2021

[MLBench]: Third Workshop on Benchmarking Machine Learning Workloads
on Emerging Hardware Co-located with MLSys 2022

April 14, 2022 Santa Clara, CA

https://memani1.github.io/mlbench22/

=======================
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
=======================
With evolving system architectures, hardware and software stacks,
diverse machine learning (ML) workloads, and data, it is important to
understand how these components interact with each other. Well-defined
benchmarking procedures help evaluate and reason the performance gains
with ML workload-to-system mappings. We welcome all novel submissions
in benchmarking machine learning workloads from all disciplines, such
as image and speech recognition, language processing, drug discovery,
simulations, and scientific applications.

Key problems that we seek to address are:
(i) which representative ML benchmarks cater to workloads seen in
industry, national labs, and interdisciplinary sciences;
(ii) how to characterize the ML workloads based on their interaction
with hardware;
(iii) which novel aspects of hardware, such as heterogeneity in
compute, memory, and networking, will drive their adoption;
(iv) performance modeling and projections to next-generation hardware.

 We solicit both full papers (8-10 pages) and short/position papers (4
page). Submissions are not double blind (author names must be
included). The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices,
but excludes references. Please use standard LaTeX or Word ACM
templates. All submissions will need to be made via EasyChair
(submission website:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mlbench22). Each submission
will be reviewed by at least three reviewers from the program
committee. Papers will be reviewed for novelty, quality, technical
strength, and relevance to the workshop. All accepted papers will be
published here.

A Best Paper Award will be awarded to an outstanding submission.

=================
IMPORTANT DATES
Submission Deadline: January 17, 2022
Acceptance Notification: February 4, 2022
Workshop date: April 12, 2022

All deadlines are at midnight anywhere on earth (AoE).

WORKSHOP CHAIRS
Tom St. John, Cruise (mailto:tomstjohn617 at gmail.com)
Murali Emani, Argonne National Laboratory (mailto:memani at anl.gov)