[hpc-announce] FMEC 2021 CFP: The Sixth International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
stanley.ewenike92 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 05:24:04 CDT 2021
[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this invitation]
The Sixth International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC
Gandia, Spain. December 6-9, 2021
*FMEC 2021 CFP:*
Cloud computing provides a large range of services and virtually unlimited
available resources for users. New applications, such as virtual reality
and smart building control, have emerged due to the large number of
resources and services brought by cloud computing. However, the
delay-sensitive applications face the problem of large latency, especially
when several smart devices and objects are getting involved in human’s life
such as the case of smart cities or the Internet of Things. Therefore,
cloud computing is unable to meet the requirements of low latency, location
awareness, and mobility support. To solve this problem, researchers have
introduced a trusted and dependable solution through the Fog and the Mobile
Edge Computing (FMEC) to put the services and resources of the cloud closer
to users, which facilitates the leveraging of available services and
resources in the edge networks. By this, we are moving from the core (cloud
data centers) to the edge of the network closer to the users. FMEC
dependability is based on providing user centric service. The purpose of
Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing is to run the heavy real-time
applications at the network edge directly using the billions of connected
Several features enable the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing to be a
perfect paradigm to the aforementioned purpose, which are the dense
geographical deployment of servers, supporting mobility and the closeness
to users. As in every new technology, some challenges face the vision of
the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing, which are the administrative
policies and security concerns (i.e. secure data storage, secure
computation, network security, data privacy, usage privacy, location
privacy, etc). FMEC 2021 conference aims to investigate the opportunities
and requirements for Mobile Edge Computing dominance. In addition, it seeks
for novel contributions that help mitigating Mobile Edge Computing
challenges. That is, the objective of FMEC 2021 is to provide a forum for
scientists, engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange new ideas,
novel results and experience on all aspects of Fog and Mobile Edge
Computing (FMEC). FMEC 2021 is Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Spain
Section. Researchers are encouraged to submit original research
contributions in all major areas, which include, but not limited to:
* Mobile Cloud Computing Systems.
* FMEC Security and Privacy Issues.
* FMEC Pricing and billing models.
* FMEC support for VANETS and MANETS
* Cloudlet based computing
* Dew based computing
* Lightweight authentication mechanisms in FMEC architecture.
* Access Control models in FMEC.
* Identification of incentives for FMEC service providers.
* The future perspective for FMEC: Challenges and Open Issues.
* FMEC Quality of Service (QoS) improvements techniques.
* FMEC architecture features and evolution.
* FMEC Real-time communication interfaces and protocols.
* FMEC Resource scheduling that enhances the reliability and scalability.
* FMEC Resources monitoring mechanism and utilization measuring mechanism.
* FMEC resources allocation and management.
* Real-time load prediction model to optimize the user satisfaction.
* FMEC virtualization.
* Data storage, processing, and management at FMEC platform.
* Cyber hacking, next generation firewall of FMEC.
* Deployment strategies of FMEC Servers
* Admission control for FMEC.
* Social engineering, insider threats, advance spear phishing.
* Incident Handling and Penetration Testing.
* Forensics of Virtual and FMEC Environments.
* Security protocols in FMEC.
* Security and privacy of mobile cloud computing
* Security, privacy and reliability issues of MCC and IoT
* Security and privacy of IoT
* Security and privacy management in MCC
* MCC intrusion detection systems
* Security of pricing and billing for mobile cloud computing services
* Security of mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of mobile commerce and mobile Internet of Things
* Security of mobile social networks
* Security and privacy in smartphone devices
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Security of Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of Mobile commerce and mobile internet of things
* Security of Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing
* Security and privacy in sensor networks
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Web service security
* Security of 3G/4G systems, Wi-MAX, Ad-hoc
* Security of Mobile social networks
* Near field communication services
* Service-oriented architectures, service portability, P2P
* Network virtualization and cloud-based radio access networks
*Submissions Guidelines and Proceedings*
Manuscripts should be prepared in 10-point font using the IEEE 8.5" x 11"
two-column format. All papers should be in PDF format, and submitted
electronically at Paper Submission Link. A full paper can be up to 8 pages
(including all figures, tables and references). Submitted papers must
present original unpublished research that is not currently under review
for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines
may be rejected without review. Also submissions received after the due
date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not
be considered. Authors may contact the Program Chair for further
information or clarification. All submissions are peer-reviewed by at least
three reviewers. Accepted papers will appear in the FMEC Proceeding, and be
published by the IEEE Computer Society Conference Publishing Services and
be submitted to IEEE Xplore for inclusion.
Submitted papers must include original work, and must not be under
consideration for another conference or journal. Submission of regular
papers up to 8 pages and must follow the IEEE paper format. Please include
up to 7 keywords, complete postal and e-mail address, and fax and phone
numbers of the corresponding author. Authors of accepted papers are
expected to present their work at the conference. Submitted papers that are
deemed of good quality but that could not be accepted as regular papers
will be accepted as short papers. Length of short papers can be between 4
to 6 pages.
Submission Date: 15 July, 2021
Notification to Authors: 30 September, 2021
Camera Ready Submission: 15 October, 2021
Please send any inquiry on FMEC 2021 to Emerging Tech. Network Team at:
emergingtechnetwork at gmail.com
More information about the hpc-announce