[hpc-announce] CALL FOR PAPERS: OpenSHMEM and Related Technologies Workshop 2021

Poole, Steve swpoole at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 9 20:49:21 CDT 2021

OpenSHMEM and Related Technologies Workshop 2021
Dates September 13-17, 2021
Los Alamos, New Mexico  (Virtual Only Event)
http://www.openshmem.org/workshops/openshmem2021/

** 250-word abstract submission and paper registration due: May 3, 2021 **

We would like to invite the HPC community to submit abstracts
and papers to OpenSHMEM 2021 Workshop. We are looking
forward for your participation.

The submission deadlines are below:

Abstract submission and paper registration: May 3, 2021
Author notification for abstract acceptance: May 17th, 2021
Paper submission for review: July 12th, 2021
Author notification for paper acceptance: August 16th, 2021
Conference ready paper submission: Sept 3, 2021
Conference presentation: September 13-17, 2021
Camera-ready paper submission: September 30th, 2021

The OpenSHMEM workshop is an annual event dedicated to the promotion
and advancement of parallel programming with the OpenSHMEM programming
interface and related technologies. It is the premier venue to discuss and present
the latest developments, implementation technology, tools, trends, recent research
ideas and results related to OpenSHMEM and its use in applications. This year's workshop
will also emphasize OpenSHMEM and related technologies that are part of its ecosystem such
as PGAS languages, tools and low level network/communication frameworks. We will also focus
on extensions for OpenSHMEM that improves the programmability  and interoperability of
OpenSHMEM for systems that use  p accelerators. Although, this is ian OpenSHMEM specific workshop,
we welcome ideas used for other PGAS languages/APIs and additional network programming models
that may be applicable to topics of interest for workshop submissions include (but are not limited to):
Topics:
• Communications layer/libraries
• OpenSNAPI (Smart NICs and Smart Storage)
• PGAS and related technologies
• Utilizing OpenSHMEM/UCX/Communications libraries in Computational Storage
• Scalability or performance issues (of current networks and implementations)
• Advanced Memory technologies/impacts on PGAS (Asymmetric memory)
• Extensions to support non-volatile, high-bandwidth, and other types of memory
• OpenSHMEM/PGAS and their value to ML/AI/Big Data/(I/O) support
• Potential enhancements to the current OpenSHMEM Specification
• Accelerator-spec version of OpenSHMEM.
• Fault-tolerance
• Runtime checking
• Performance analysis tools
• Applications experiences with OpenSHMEM, Rust and PGAS languages
• Experiences with applications from any domain, especially dynamic and irregular applications
• Fugaku supercomputer or HP80 ARM experiences with RDMA
• Scalable massive multithreading support
• Hybrid programming models: OpenSHMEM combined with task-based models (e.g. OCR, HPX, ParSEC, etc.)
   or heterogeneous models (e.g. OpenCL, OpenACC, CUDA, OpenMP, etc.)
• Experiences implementing OpenSHMEM on new architectures
• Power / Energy studies
• Static analysis, and verification tools
• Performance analysis tools for PGAS languages/APIs
• Auto-tuning or optimization strategies
• Runtime environments and schedulers
• Benchmarks, performance evaluation, and validation suites
• New or emerging network programming models

All contributions are planned to be published in OpenSHMEM 2021 proceedings in a LNCS Springer volume and
will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. All authors must first submit a 250-word abstract to register
their papers. Once the abstract is accepted, we will encourage the authors to submit full papers. Once the abstract
is accepted, we will encourage the authors to submit full or short papers. We will accept full papers of 12-15 pages
and short papers of 6-8 pages. Preference will be given to full papers. Papers need to be formatted according to
Springer’s single-column style. Please use the paper templates available for LaTeX and
Word (https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/conference-proceedings/conference-proceedings-guidelines).
The copyright will need to be transferred to Springer. A copyright form will be provided to authors which allows
users to self-archive.

Abstracts and papers need to be uploaded here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=openshmem2021

Workshop Organizers:
Stephen Poole, LANL
Matthew Baker, ORNL
Oscar Hernandez, ORNL

Program Committee:
Pavel Shamis, Arm
Manjunath Gorentla Venkata, NVIDIA
Michael Raymond, HPE
Pavel Shamis, ARM
Megan Grodowitz, ARM
Naveen Namashivayam, HPE
Michael Raymond, HPE
Alex Margolin, Huawei
James Dinan, NVIDIA
Gilad Shainer, NVIDIA
Manjunath Gorentla Venkata, NVIDIA
Khaled Hamidouche, AMD
Camile Cotte, UoO/Paris
Sameer Shende, UoO
Brody Williams, TTU
Matthew Baker, ORNL
Swen Boehm, ORNL
Oscar Hernandez, ORNL
Swaroop Pophale, ORNL
Min Si, ANL
Dhabaleswar Panda, OSU
Tony Curtis, SBU
Pavan Balaji, Facebook
Stephen Poole, LANL
Howard Pritchard, LANL
Nick Park, DoD
Bryant Lam, DoD
Marcel Fallet, DoD
Thomas Rolinger, DoD
Curtis Hughey, DoD
Jessica Steffy, DoD
Max Grossman, GTRC
Mitsuhisa Sato, Riken

Media and communication committee:
Tony Curtis, Stonybrook
Valerie Hartman, LANL
Beth Kaspar, LANL

Steve Poole
ALDSC/ALDX/ALDGS
Chief Architect for Next Generation Platforms
Cell     : (505) 695-3033
Office : (505) 606-1905

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are company confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium.
Thank you.