[hpc-announce] Fwd: Invitation to participate in the 15th Marathon of Parallel Programming

Calebe de Paula Bianchini prof.calebe.bianchini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:43:06 CDT 2020

Hi, we hope that you and your family are ok!

Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email.
We would appreciate it if you could circulate this email to
colleagues, students, and relevant mailing lists.

-----
15th Marathon of Parallel Programming
October 21 - Via Internet, Brazil. 100% Remote!
http://lspd.mackenzie.br/marathon

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce the 15th Marathon of Parallel Programming,
an HPC programming contest for multicore and manycore computer
architecture. This year, following the recommendations from the World
Health Organization (WHO), regarding the Coronavirus disease
(COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, there is only the remote category.

This Marathon is a high-level competition whose goal is to promote new
developments in Parallel and Distributed Programming. Each team
consists of three (3) students and a coach. In this edition, Teams
will have 30 hours to solve up to 7 problems.

This year, there will be only a session that allows remote teams to join the
contest. Check rules & restrictions on the web site to know better
this category. When the contest finishes, all teams will have their
results available and winners will be officially announced during the
official WSCAD closing session.

*** Registration is now open ***

Further details can be found at http://lspd.mackenzie.br/marathon

Set up your team and join us on October 21, 2020. Organize your team
and join us in the remote category.

Best Regards.

-----
Coordination of the Marathon of Parallel Programming - WSCAD 2020
Calebe Bianchini (Mackenzie) - calebe.bianchini at mackenzie.br
Marcos Amaris  (UFPA) - amaris at ufpa.br