[hpc-announce] Call for Papers: The 17th IEEE Workshop on Silicon Errors in Logic – System Effects (SELSE 2021)
misullivan at nvidia.com
Tue Oct 6 17:20:55 CDT 2020
The 17th IEEE Workshop on Silicon Errors in Logic – System Effects
SELSE 2021 (http://www.selse.org<http://www.selse.org/>)
April 21 – April 22, 2021
UCLA University (USA) or online, depending on the evolving of the pandemic
* Abstract Submission (mandatory):
December 12, 2020
* Full Paper Submission:
December 19, 2020
* Author Notification:
February 01, 2021
* Early Registration:
* Camera-Ready Submission:
March 24, 2021
The growing complexity and shrinking geometries of modern manufacturing technologies are making high-density, low-voltage devices increasingly susceptible to the influences of electrical noise, process variation, transistor aging, and the effects of natural radiation. The system-level impact of these errors can be far-reaching, both in safety-critical aerospace and automotive applications and also for large scale servers and high performance applications. In the context of space and automotive applications the rapid market evolution and the increase in complexity of the electronic devices call for new methodologies to verify and increase the reliability of current and future COTS products.
The SELSE workshop provides a unique forum for discussion of current research and practice in system-level error management. SELSE solicits papers that address the system-level effects of errors from a variety of perspectives: architectural, logical, circuit-level, and semiconductor processes. Case studies in real-world contexts are also welcome.
We are happy to announce that the best papers presented at SELSE will be selected for inclusion in the “Best of SELSE” session at IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 2021. These papers will be selected based on the importance of the topic, technical contributions, quality of results, and authors’ agreement to travel to present at DSN in Taipei, Taiwan on June 21 – June 24, 2021.
Key areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Error rates and trends in current and emerging technologies, including experimental failure data and characterization of deployed systems.
* New error mitigation techniques, robust software frameworks, and error handling protocols for resilient system design.
* New approaches to the robustness verification of complex safety-critical systems hardware and software platforms
* Case studies analyzing the overhead, effectiveness, and design complexity of error mitigation techniques.
* Resilience characterization and strategies for machine learning applications, including autonomous vehicles.
* Resilience in new architectures, for example accelerator-rich systems and inexact or approximate computing.
* The design of resilient systems for space exploration.
* The interplay between system security issues and reliability.
* Error model on quantum computer in NISQ era.
* Error tolerant algorithms and design for quantum computing.
Additional information and guidelines for submission are available at http://www.selse.org<http://www.selse.org/>. Submissions and final papers should be PDF files following the IEEE two-column transactions format with six or fewer printed pages of text; the bibliography does not count against this page limit. Papers are not published through IEEE/ACM nor archived in the digital libraries---however, they are distributed to attendees of the workshop.
Paolo Rech, UFRGS
Stefano Di Carlo, Politecnico di Torino
Laura Monroe, LANL (Emerita)
John Daly, LPS (Emeritus)
Qiang Guan, Kent State
Carles Hernández, UPV
Marcelo Brandalero, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
Karthik Swaminathan, IBM
Local Arrangements Chair
Irina Alam, UCLA
Michael Sullivan, NVIDIA (North America)
Tiago Balen, UFRGS (South America)
Stefano Di Carlo, PoliTo (Europe)
Yi-Pin Fang, TSMC (Asia)
Bay Area Industry Liaisons
Shahrzad Mirkhani, Bigstream
Mark Gottscho, Google
Vanessa Job, LANL/UNM
Daniel Oliveira, UFPR
Advisors to the Committee
Sarah Michalak, LANL
Alan Wood, Oracle
Vilas Sridharan, AMD
More information about the hpc-announce