[hpc-announce] Final call for abstract contribution: Multi-scale, Multi-physics and Coupled Problems on Highly Parallel Systems (MMCP) at HPC Asia 2021
Ebrahimi Pour, Neda
Neda.EPour at uni-siegen.de
Tue Nov 10 03:55:16 CST 2020
Call for abstract contribution - Deadline extension
Submission deadline: 13th of November 2020 (extended)
Workshop on Multi-scale, Multi-physics and Coupled Problems on Highly Parallel Systems (MMCP) at HPC Asia 2021, January 20-22, Jeju, South Korea
This workshop will provide a platform for presentations and discussions on advances in numerical simulation for complex multi-scale, multi-physics and coupled problems. The goal of the workshop is to gather researchers (computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, chemists, biologists, material sciences etc.) working on different disciplines but all facing challenges in multi-scale and multi-physics as well as coupled simulations on HPC systems. This workshop is the second event in the series; the first was held at HPCAsia 2020, in Fukuoka, Japan.
The main focus will be set on computational issues regarding performance and suitability for high-performance computing. Furthermore, the underlying strategies to enable these simulations will be highlighted.
Keeping these aims in mind, contributions from all aspects of engineering applications will be considered. Topics of applications will include (but not be limited to):
- Multi-scale problems
- Multi-physics problems
- Molecular dynamics
- Multi-scale and/or multi-physics modelling for biomedical or biological systems
- Novel approaches to combine different scales and physics models in one problem solution
- Challenging applications in industry and academia, e.g. multiphase flows, fluid-structure interactions, chemical engineering, material science, biophysics, automotive industry, etc.
- Load balancing
- Heterogeneous architectures
- New algorithms for parallel-distributed computing, specific to this topic.
More information about this workshop and the submission procedure can be found on our webpage: https://www.mb.uni-siegen.de/sts/workshops/mmcp2021/
If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to your contribution!
Neda Ebrahimi Pour
More information about the hpc-announce