[hpc-announce] CALL FOR TUTORIALS (Deadline Extension): 27th International Symposium on High Performance Interconnects 2020 (Hoti 2020)

Si, Min msi at anl.gov
Fri May 29 11:11:36 CDT 2020

CALL FOR TUTORIALS
27th International Symposium on High Performance Interconnects 2020
QCT, San Jose, California, August 19-21, 2020
https://hoti.org/call-for-tutorials.html

Proposal submission has been extended to June 05, 2020.

Hot Interconnects 2020 continues its tradition to offer world-class tutorials held by internationally renowned experts in the area of high-performance interconnect networks.

*** Safety and Well-Being ***
Hot Interconnects is scheduled to be held as planned, beginning on August 19. Given the uncertainty of the Coronavirus, we are planning for an online conference but we are also holding open the possibility of a physical conference.

The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. We will continue to monitor official travel advisories related to the Coronavirus and update the event website to keep you informed. We encourage you to review the conference’s “Travel and Safety Information” page for tips and travel recommendations. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email us for further details: info at hoti.org

** Scope **

Attendees will come from mixed backgrounds and interests in interconnection networks. We encourage tutorials of broad applicability rather than those focusing solely on research in a limited domain or by a particular group. Areas of interest for tutorials include but are not limited to:
- High performance computing networking
- Ethernet networking
- Software defined networking
- Data Center/Cloud and WAN networking
- Optical interconnects
- Emerging interconnect architectures
- High-speed packet processing engines and network processors
- System-on-Chip interconnects
- Traffic engineering and Network analytics
- Equipment

Hot Interconnects will provide Internet access and rooms with standard presentation equipment. Hands-on tutorials must be prepared to rely on laptops brought by the participants.

** Review Process **

Tutorial submissions will be reviewed by the Hot Interconnects 2020 tutorials committee. The committee will consider, among other aspects, appropriateness and utility for Hot Interconnects tutorial audience, timeliness and general interest, clarity, completeness, cohesiveness of the proposal and presentation history and teaching/speaking experience of the presenters.

** Publication **

All materials must be submitted to the tutorials chair by August 1st and will be released to the attendees. Submitters must explicitly agree to release the materials for this purpose.

** How to submit **

Tutorials may be proposed for one half-day (three hours, 2 presenters max) duration. Tutorials on new and emerging technologies are encouraged. Tutorial proposals must be submitted electronically to submission address <tutorials at hoti.org>. Although not required, you are strongly urged to submit samples of your visual aids. You may supply a URL at which the samples may be found.

** Submission **
The submission should include a single PDF file with the following sections, each beginning on a separate page:

- Title page including the following components:
  ** Title
  ** Name, organization, and email address of each author
  ** 200-word (maximum) abstract
  ** (Optional) A URL with samples of your visual aids
- Description of the tutorial content (1 page maximum) containing:
  ** Goals of the tutorials (takeaways for the audience)
  ** Why is it relevant for HOTI 2020 attendees?
  ** Target audience
  ** Content level: beginner, intermediate, or advanced
  ** Previous presentations of this tutorial including any differences in the proposed tutorial
- Detailed outline of the tutorial (2 pages maximum)
- Resume or curriculum vitae for each presenter (2 presenters maximum, 1 page maximum each)
- A statement agreeing to release the notes to HOTI 2020 tutorial attendees

** Important dates **

Proposals due: June 05, 2020
Notification of acceptance: June 07, 2020
Materials due: August 14, 2020
Tutorial date: August 21, 2020

** Tutorial chairs **
Pavel Shamis, ARM <pashash at gmail.com>