[hpc-announce] [CFP] IEEE co-sponsored International Conference on Multimedia Computing, Networking and Applications (MCNA2020) OCTOBER 19th - 22nd, 2020 – VALENCIA, SPAIN
intelligenttechpub1 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:15:39 CDT 2020
[Apologies if you are getting multiple copies of this call]
*The Fourth International Conference on Multimedia Computing, Networking
and Applications (MCNA2020)*
OCTOBER 19TH - 22ND, 2020 – VALENCIA, SPAIN
COVID-19 note: Given the current COVID-19 situation, the MCNA steering
committee is considering different options that comply with the current
worldwide sanitary security policies and guarantee the promotion of
scientific interaction and dissemination of authors’ research work and
results. Meanwhile, please consider submitting your work to the MCNA
conference main track by June 14th, 2020.
*CALL FOR PAPERS*
Dealing with data from different modalities, is the common case in today's
systems. With the continuous development in network technologies,
acquisition systems, and computational power, creating and sharing
multimedia data is becoming easier for all people around the world. On
Facebook, for example, around 500000 comments are posted and around 135000
images are uploaded every second. Storing, searching in, analyzing, and
utilizing Multimedia data is highly challenging. That is why the
International Conference on Multimedia Computing, Networking and
Applications (MCNA) give the opportunity for researcher and practitioners
to present their efforts in addressing the challenges of dealing with
Multimedia data. The main topics include but are not limited to:
- Intelligent Image / Video Analytics
- Digital Image and Video Processing
- Image Rendering and Quality
- Imaging Sensors and Acquisition Systems
- Content Based Image/Video Retrieval
- Vision for Graphics
- Human Behavior Understanding
- Deep Artificial Intelligence
- Motion and Tracking Algorithms and Applications
- Watermarking Methods and Protection
- Image Data Structures and Databases
- Color Reproduction
- Image Compression, Coding, and Encryption
- Statistical and Structural Pattern Recognition
- Performance Analysis and Evaluation
- Novel Image Processing Applications
- Machine Learning Technologies for Vision
- Multimedia in Bioinformatics
- Virtual Reality and Simulations
- Augmented Reality Image Processing
- Computational and Architectural Aspects of Human Vision
- Innovative Multimedia Systems or Devices
- Internet / Mobile Multimedia Sharing
- Intelligent e-Health based on Multimedia Analysis
- Games and Gamification
- Optimization Methods in Multimedia systems
- Vision and Languages
Full Paper Important Dates:
- Full paper submission: June 14th, 2020
- Full paper acceptance notification: August 23rd, 2020
- Full paper camera-ready submission: September 13th, 2020
Submitted papers (.pdf format) must use the A4 IEEE Manuscript Templates
for Conference Proceedings
remember to add Keywords to your submission.
Submitted papers may be 6 to 8 pages. Up to two additional pages may be
added for references. The reference pages must only contain references.
Overlength papers will be rejected without review.
To guarantee the fair review of your paper, paper submissions must conform
to the “double-blind” review policy. This means that the authors should not
know the names of the reviewers of their papers, and reviewers should not
know the names of the authors. Please prepare your paper in a way that
preserves anonymity of the authors.
- Do not put the author names under the title.
- Avoid using phrases such as “our previous work” when referring to
earlier publications by the authors.
- Remove information that may identify the authors in the
acknowledgments (e.g., co-workers and grant IDs).
- Check supplemental material (e.g., titles in the video clips, or
supplementary documents) for information that may identify the authors’
- Avoid providing links to websites that identify the authors.
- Papers without appropriate blinding will be rejected without review.
Papers submitted to MCNA must be the original work of the authors. The may
not be simultaneously under review elsewhere. Publications that have been
peer-reviewed and have appeared at other conferences or workshops may not
be submitted to MCNA. Authors should be aware that IEEE has a strict policy
with regard to plagiarism
authors' prior work must be cited appropriately.
Please ensure that you submit your papers with the full and final list of
authors in the correct order. The author list registered for each
submission is not allowed to be changed in any way after the paper
Please proofread your submission carefully. It is essential that the
language use in the paper is clear and correct so that it is easily
understandable. (Either US English or UK English spelling conventions are
All accepted and registered papers in MCNA2020 and the workshops co-located
with it will be submitted to IEEEXplore for possible publication.
*CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS*
MCNA will host a series of workshops and is also inviting new workshop
proposals. The purpose of the workshops is to emphasize current and
emerging topics of particular interest to the community. Proposals should
be sent by email to intelligenttechorg at gmail.com.
Each workshop proposal must include (maximum 4 pages, in PDF format):
- Title of the workshop.
- Workshop organizers (name, affiliation and short biography).
- Scope and topics of the workshop.
- Why the workshop is related to ACM Multimedia 2020.
- Why the topic is important.
- Why the workshop may attract a significant number of attendees.
- Workshop details:
- A draft call for papers (including organizers, program committee,
and steering committee if any). Organizers are expected to be fully
committed and physically present at the workshop.
- Workshop tentative schedule (number of expected papers, duration
full/half day, format talks/posters, etc.). We encourage full-day events
that demonstrate the interest of the community in the proposed topic and
guarantee the commitment of the organizers. Half-day proposals are also
welcome but expected to provide a rationale for the proposed duration.
- Names of potential participants and invited speakers (if any).
- Workshop history: if there are past workshops, the history of the
Workshop Proposals Important Dates:
- Workshop proposal submission: May 30th, 2020
- Workshop proposal acceptance notification: June 10th, 2020
More information about the hpc-announce